Summer is here... Time to get to work!

MidNight Snake

Established Member
I have been putting off so much for so long with school as my excuse. However, I just finished my last final mid last week and I feel my car can now be my number one priority. I have been pretty lazy over the winter, oil changes and nessesities have been the only things accomplished in awhile. Well, on saturday I finnaly got my new O2 sensors in. Jesus christ what a difference in drivability. It idles smoother then a citten purs and I can even use my AC now without the car feeling like an 80 year man with the hickups. Today I finnaly replaced my brakes. I have had the parts since antleast last october and they needed to be changed before that(I started downshifting more). Gonna try to clean the IMRCs next weekend. Im also going to get my paint touched up. I have had the money put away for new rims and tires and I have just been to lazy and busy to order them. I called AFS this morning, but answering machine three times. I also broke my rear sway bar 2 weeks ago. I just unbolted it last week and it doesnt ride to bad. Stil handles better then my 5.0 and now the ride is a little better. I think, Im going to order the bullet suspension package. Does that really lower your car 1". I dont quite understand it, because they said it wuld only lower 99-04 to 3/4". 99-04 wegh more shouldn't they lower more? Oh well. Sorry for the useless thread.

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
what fixed the AC hiccup problem? i don't use my AC just so i don' thave to deal with that. it pisses me the hell off!! i was just about to start a thread about it.

What causes it and how did you fix it? Was it just eh 02 sensors?

Shake&Bake

1998 Triple Black Cobra
Established Member
I've heard some people looking into the Bullet suspension...but I am wondering what the advantage is besides $$$. :shrug:

Its still alot of work to install, and will you be happy with it if its parked next to a cobra with Eibachs or H/R's?

But I'm right there with you MidNight Snake...lots of little things to do my cobra as well. Have you changed your plugs and wires yet?

Labora

Is that a Fobra?
Established Member
Man I'm the same as you been lazy fixing mine because of school and work. Atleast I don't have school for the summer. I'm planning on trying to get my car painted and my interior/stereo installed (car is gutted) not to mention getting it off of jackstands.

MidNight Snake

Established Member
Doug said:
what fixed the AC hiccup problem? i don't use my AC just so i don' thave to deal with that. it pisses me the hell off!! i was just about to start a thread about it.

What causes it and how did you fix it? Was it just eh 02 sensors?

Well, the car just felt like crap with the AC on. When I would shift the RPMs would drop to fast and to far. Just poor drivability in general. Drivability wasn't great with the AC off but when it was on everything was just exacerbated. When I used my autotap I noticed my A/F ratio was going crazy, from full rich to full lean in a matter of seconds and it would just continue this to no end, even under cruise control. So the new o2s have fixed that problem, and now drivability doesn't seem too affected by the AC. Still not a honda, but a new or cleaned IAC might make it feel even better.

Last edited:

MidNight Snake

Established Member
Shake&Bake said:
I've heard some people looking into the Bullet suspension...but I am wondering what the advantage is besides $$$. :shrug:

Its still alot of work to install, and will you be happy with it if its parked next to a cobra with Eibachs or H/R's?

But I'm right there with you MidNight Snake...lots of little things to do my cobra as well. Have you changed your plugs and wires yet?

I just want a nice small drop. I think that slammed look is a little to ricey for me. When everyone else was droping there foxes I was jacking mine up, but to each his own. And the $$$ is no small matter. The bullet kit costs as much as your Eibachs or H/R's springs by themselves. I would have stayed stock all around but it will actually be cheaper buying that kit then buying a new sway bar and shocks all around. Handleing isnt a big deal for me. Ive been driving around (just as fast) without the rear sway bar for about a week now without to much mind.

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
MidNight Snake said:
Well, the car just felt like crap with the AC on. When I would shift the RPMs would drop to fast and to far. Just poor drivability in general. Drivability wasn't great with the AC off but when it was on everything was just exacerbated. When I used my autotap I noticed my A/F ratio was going crazy, from full rich to full lean in a matter of seconds and it would just continue this to no end, even under cruise control. So the new o2s have fixed that problem, and now drivability doesn't seem too affected by the AC. Still not a honda, but a new or cleaned IAC might make it feel even better.

I wonder if that could be my problem. Mine seems to surge, almost like when the compressor kicks on and the clutch grabs the the pulley, it jerks and can feel it in driveability like one really single miss. and do it about every 12s like clockwork. I'm thinking maybe my pulley just needs to be regreased or something?

but then again, it could be exactly what yours was. I guess i should look in to getting new 02 sensors. did you replace all for or just the front two? i've got MILs on the back so doesn't matter if those are bad or not.

Users who are viewing this thread