Summit SUM-G1159B-1 Seats

32VDOHC

Established Member
Hello,

I recently purchased a set of seats for my 97 from Summit. I had some questions on whats the best way to mount these, and if I need additional hardware. I removed the pass. seat and clearly the new seat does not line up with the stock mounting points. I was wondering if anyone has purchased these seats and if they have any tips on installing. I didn't get much help from a search, so I am hoping for some feedback. Here is a link to the seats. Summit Racing SUM-G1159B-1 - Summit Racing® Sport Seats - Overview - SummitRacing.com I see they have some additional mounting hardware but I am not sure if its necessary, if if I can re-use the stock adapters. Thanks for the help.

makriluc

Established Member
I purchased those seats in black two years ago.
I don't know how much of a handy man you are, but I fabed my own plates with 1/8" X 1" aluminum plates. A 90 minutes job.

My 0.02cents

shurur

Established Member
ask summit what bolt pattern bracket they mount to.
or whatt sliders they use.

It will be sparco, recaro..etc.

What is you seat/slider bolt pattern?

You will (likely) need to get the right brackets..either summit or something compatible.

Last edited:

stangbanger856

Established Member
You should be abel to make Corbeau style adapters yourself.

Remove the seat from the car (driver or passenger dosnt matter wich one 1st)

Separate the stock slider from seat.

Mount stock sliders back in car.

Measure bolt pattern on the sliders.

Measure bolt pattern on the summit seats.

Make a template on some large white paper of both bolt paterns laying on top withe the new seat centered on the stock sliders.

Now trace out some lines that will become your adapters. Your gona want to make some bridges from the left and right side sliders for the new seat to bolt to.

Use 1/8 steel so you will have no flex drill you holes for the stock sliders and then drill your holes for the new seats.

Now bolt it them togeather useing hardware from Home Depot, Lowes ext...

Mount them back in your car and that's it. Enjoy!

They will resemble Corbeaus seat adapters minus the powdercoat.

Users who are viewing this thread