Sun Roof Question

mach1197203

Dr Frankenstein
Established Member
Anyone out there have a power sunroof in their SN95 car? Need to replace the motor on mine and having trouble finding the right one.
I found one at sunroofdoctor.com but was trying to avoid the $160 price tag. damn it

Last edited:

MustangMatt77

Established Member
May or may not be related. I have no clue where to get a new motor, but in my F150 when my sunroof motor went out, I could not get just a new motor, I had to get a whole new sunroof cause everything was connected for a total of $2000 installed.
I hope yours is not similar, any chance a ford parts dept would tell you one way or the other?

65x2

Resident Hippie
Established Member
May or may not be related. I have no clue where to get a new motor, but in my F150 when my sunroof motor went out, I could not get just a new motor, I had to get a whole new sunroof cause everything was connected for a total of $2000 installed.
I hope yours is not similar, any chance a ford parts dept would tell you one way or the other?

Don't think ford parts can help him since its not a factory part. Pull the motor, Google the numbers see what you can find. If it was me, I'd put a roof skin on it with a new headliner and be done with it.

mach1197203

Dr Frankenstein
Established Member
Yea ford can't help me since they never offered a mustang in the 94+ cars that I have found. I did find a replacment motor from a place in MO, but a lot of money to spend right now.

I did think about taking it out and re-skinning the roof but I like having it aince I haven't seen another one around and it looks good plus it's nice to have on those sunny days.

BKMMBA

Established Member
I've got a power sunroof in my 98 GT. Had the sunroof up and out one day on the freeway and a dump truck in front me let loose some big rocks and shattered the glass pane. Replaced the glass thru sunroofdoctor.com. I believe mine was a Webasto brand. Looks like that's the only place right now.

mach1197203

Dr Frankenstein
Established Member
I've got a power sunroof in my 98 GT. Had the sunroof up and out one day on the freeway and a dump truck in front me let loose some big rocks and shattered the glass pane. Replaced the glass thru sunroofdoctor.com. I believe mine was a Webasto brand. Looks like that's the only place right now.

Mine is the same brand, I replaced mine with them about five years ago too. it looks like they are the only ones that carry the motor for the sunroof.

Murdered97

Established Member
I don't know how much help I could be about the motor but I just recently bought my 97 cobra and it has a powered sunroof that moves up and back.
DSCN0334_zpsfede47d2.jpg

Last edited:

ImThatGuy

Huffing Ether
Established Member
You might just have to settle for buying the expensive replacement motor. I have sunroof in my 96 cobra, but its a manual pop-up sunroof.

Users who are viewing this thread