Sun visors for a 98 Cobra Convertible?

Mustang Buster

Established Member
Yes, I did a search, no luck. Where can I find replacement sun visors for my 98 Cobra Convertible. Ever catalog and website I have searched in have just about every year except for the 98...what's the deal? One of the few things wrong with my Cobra when I got it was that the original owner had worn through the driver's side sun visor cloth material by constantly sliding on and sliding off his garage door opener. I would also prefer a black vinyl to be more durable than the stock black cloth, and also not have to have the ugly airbag stickers. If nobody makes a replacement, has anybody had any luck getting them reupholstered? If so, a recommendation on a shop in the San Diego area would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance for any input!

Mustang Buster

Established Member
Thanks, I see you had the same luck trying to find them that I did. I really want to avoid the junkyard route if at all possible because they will probably be faded by this time. I was hoping that someone would at least know a shop that specializes in recovering them. Thanks again!

Mustang Buster

Established Member
94-98 Mustang Cobra Black Sun Visors NR : eBay Motors (item 200429098997 end time Jan-23-10 22:34:42 PST)

I wasnt able to find any new ones an 10 of the first 20 search results were your threads from other sites asking about it.

Yep, they seem to be very rare. Thanks for the link, those are the best used ones I have seen so far. I have heard there is a difference between the sunvisors for the coupe and the convertible, and there is certainly a difference between the first link you posted and this set. Hopefully I could just use my current brackets? Thanks again for all the help trying to track these down!

Last edited:

Mustang Buster

Established Member
Ouch, $400+ is a little steep. As soon as I get some time to go down to California and work on the car, I think I am just going to take them to an upholstery shop. It certainly can't be any more expensive, and hopefully they can use better materials. Thanks again everybody.

Users who are viewing this thread