Sunroof Problems???? Help the sunroof is stuck open

93&99cobrasvt

Established Member
ok so 3 weeks ago i bought a 99 svt contour and the sunroof grinded motor when i pressed it so i bought a new gear from sunroofgears.com and it has worked flawlessly intil today its stuck open and doesnt make any noise when i press the button?? like there is no power getting to it? so i was going to check the fuse but cant seem to be able to take off the fusebox cover or to even find the exact place them? newbie ? i know but anyway if anyone can help can u call me 425 329 9119
thanks
greg

brapple

Established Member
the interior fuse panel has a black button to the right of it that you press and the fuse panel drops down so you can access the fuses.

Strõkër~X

ok so 3 weeks ago i bought a 99 svt contour and the sunroof grinded motor when i pressed it so i bought a new gear from sunroofgears.comand it has worked flawlessly intil today its stuck open and doesnt make any noise when i press the button?? like there is no power getting to it? so i was going to check the fuse but cant seem to be able to take off the fusebox cover or to even find the exact place them? newbie ? i know but anyway if anyone can help can u call me 425 329 9119
thanks
greg

SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!! you answered my question :banana:

Last edited:

quisman

New guy feels the need to help even though it's a new thread.
My motor is shot..well the motor is fine but the plate that holds the gears is cracked...So I found if you pull the bezel (pop out the light assy and then two phillips screws) you can remove the motor assembly by pulling the 3 torx bolts. THen close it by hand, mine seemed to move very smoothly. Good luck !!

dacker

Established Member
To the OP, mine did this the other day, I took the sunroof motor out, unplugged it, plugged it back in, cycled it a couple times to make sure it was synced (in others words, full open back to close), put it back it place and haven't had a problem since. It's almost like it got jammed up some how and just needed to cycle with no resistance.

Check your fuses first as that is the easier way and doesn't risk breaking any tabs on the sunroof motor cover.

Good luck and let us know what you find out.

Users who are viewing this thread