Super cold virus?

Traveler

Two-time SVT Cobra guy
Established Member
Are there a lot of viruses going around where you're at? Is your family having a harder time getting rid of common bugs? Are you noticing a lot of people sicker? With this MRSA "strep" superbug in the news lately, it got me to thinking that perhaps many of these viruses and bacterium are getting more resilient.

It seems I've had some sort of virus or sinus infection since early October that only gets better, but doesn't go away completely. And I was on antibiotics when I had pneumonia a few weeks ago. Even then this sinus stuff didn't go away.

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
Step away from CNN .... This is only the buzz this year .... West Nile one year, SARS the next, bird flu ....you see the pattern.

It is only the medias way of keeping the fear factor up .....

Unoid

Established Member
I hope there is one that kills off all the old people in nursing homes leeching off the government.

My family included as to not be a hypocrite.

I hope there is one that kills off all the old people in nursing homes leeching off the government.

Leeching off the government by collecting the SS they were forced to pay into their entire lives? :bash:

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
Leeching off the government by collecting the SS they were forced to pay into their entire lives? :bash:

ding ding
you proved the guy to be an idiot
i love how stupid some people are on this site lmao. thanks for stating what i was going to state

Jack32v

Slow Lane..
Established Member
When I lived in Maui, I got Staph infection but after a cultur test I was told it was the "Super Staff" or Msra or what ever, Had to spend a night in the ER, couldnt walk for a full 7 days... it wasnt fun...but didnt really scare me...

Traveler

Two-time SVT Cobra guy
Established Member

:dw:

Geez...why not gas disabled veterans too while you're at it.

:nonono:

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I got what they think was Mono back in August/Sept. and I haven't really been the same since. I feel like my immune system is weaker which would be natural after having Mono, but I've been getting sicker a lot easier, it's almost like an ongoing cold like you said. I got really sick this last week and am finally getting over it.

Traveler

Two-time SVT Cobra guy
Established Member
Several conditions/diseases like mono can often times lead to more chronic conditions from what I've read. You can develop fibromyalgia or chronic fatigue syndrome and those linger for months to years. From what I understand, mono can take a toll on your immune system.

I'm still feeling minor effects from the pneumonia. I'm still getting winded easier and my appetite at times isn't as good as before. However, I'd say I'm probably at about 95% before the pneumonia. Actually, with mine being bacterial, the antibiotics began helping quickly along with the IV fluids from where I had dehydrated. With a viral infection like mono, it takes awhile to recover so I've been told.

DoomsDay

Slayer of Gods...
Established Member
MRSA is just the new buzz for this year like previously stated. I work in a hospital and have multiple MRSA patients a week. It's FAR more common then people give it credit, atleast in my area. I would say it's more common the Pneumonia.

The major news stations just got a hold of it like it was something new and decided it sounded like something that people would watch

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
My entire head has felt congested for the past couple of days. It kinda feels like my head needs to fart or something.

roach4047

Established Member

Why not include the young people that are disabled as well?:nonono:

I'll bet your parents are so proud of you.

You sir are a Moron.

canibus

Established Member
i had a stomach flu last week and this week i got a cold. i'm barely getting over it. it's just going around cause my whole family is sick

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
I've been sick for over a week now. Started out as a cough, developed a fever, didn't wanna eat anything, weak as hell, couldn't breath good at night. Finally got to feeling a little better but I can't seem to shake the cough. Worst stuff I've had in a while.

Users who are viewing this thread