Super Snake

bearsnake

Established Member
Has anyone heard any updates on the super snake package? What build # that they are possibly on? Anything to do with Shelby recently? Thanks Ron

anvrsy red vert

Established Member
They started on the 605 hp. cars but not the 725 hp. ones because the one piece aluminum driveshafts are not in yet. Supposedly by the end of this month!!

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
What DS will they be using!?

The only reference I see in the Shelby SS info. is "one piece driveshaft" as shown below from a copy and paste. It is the SS that has a "tires to be determined".

• Cold Air intake
• 3.73:1 Differential
• 700+HP package will use a Shelby/Kenny Bell Supercharger upgrade.
• 700+HP package will include a one piece drive shaft.
• Tires and Wheels
20” Shelby Alcoa wheels (Durabright finish 20X9 front and 20X10 rear)
Tires to be determined

R

Punishment

Banned
I really like this car! Has anyone seen one in person?
Heres two small videos...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijnXSBmae5E"]YouTube - 2008 Shelby GT500 Super Snake[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YKp92C_URw&feature=related"]YouTube - Shelby Gt 500 Super Snake[/ame]

anvrsy red vert

Established Member
How many of you guys are on the SS list?

I am: CSM #08SS0159. Grabber Orange 725hp. Being built week of 3-3-08 and being shipped to a Ford Dealership in Vegas via a courtesy delivery probably the 1st week of April. Dealership is rollbacking it to Shelby Autos 12 miles up the road and I should be picking it up ~6-8 weeks later. BTW, anyone interested in any of the parts coming off, I'll be selling for 25% below dealer cost! PM me if interested. ;-)

anvrsy red vert

Established Member
WOW!! That Red SS sounds like a MAN car!! It seems to me that the Grabber Orange SS that has been in the magazines is a 600 version, and this Red SS is a 725.

R

The red one is 725 hp version with JBA long tubes and full 3" JBA exhaust. It belongs to Gary Patterson @ Shelby Autos, VP of Operations. The Orange one belongs to Amy Boylan, President of Shelby Autos and has Borla long tube headers and full 3" Borla exhaust. That is the 600 hp version.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Thoughts/opinions on a Vista Super Snake?

At first I really liked the Grabber Orange SS, but after looking at the Red SS I really like its look. Red is "usually" always a good color. The unique Matte Black stripe package for the SS does look great on the lighter/brighter body colors but......................what are the opinions of a Vista Blue Super Snake with these Black SS stripes? :shrug: All opinions/thoughts are welcome, so let it rip....:burnout:

R

Last edited:

RossSVT

Established Member
Unfortunately the 605 HP cars are not going to be released or built due to CARB issues and are on hold for 4-6 months.

I had the opportunity to see the GO car in action in January. It's pretty stout.

F8L SN8K

Established Member
Unfortunately the 605 HP cars are not going to be released or built due to CARB issues and are on hold for 4-6 months.

I had the opportunity to see the GO car in action in January. It's pretty stout.

SO the 605 HP which uses the CARB approved FRPP TVS blower upgrade that is covered under warrenty is on hold because ???
http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=9887

http://www.fordracingparts.com/announcements/news57.asp

AND the 725 HP Kenne bell upgrade is fully passed????

http://www.kennebell.net/homepage/SuperSnakePressRelease.htm

That makes no sense to me.

Last edited:

65SC

Established Member

SAI is waiting on the side and window scoops, drive shafts and a strut brace to fit the KB(725hp) cars.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member

Unfortunate for the Cali folks^^^^^^^^^^^, I have never seen that affect the other 49 states when it comes to "performance cars or parts". I can't imagaine that Shelby didn't do federal emissions homework, testing and certification before this package was offered and down payments taken, especially since the earliest cars have been called for modification. Since this is "after title", is this car required, by law to continue its factory certs?

I keep seeing 605h.p. stated by some when the SS discussions come up? I had heard 605 early, but after doing additional research I only see 605h.p. in the magazine feature below, and in some other "non-Shelby" information.

I think this is where the "mis-information" began..............

Picture1181.jpg

and then this more acurate "Shelby info...................

Picture1179.jpg

from this Shelby publication........

Picture1180.jpg

The Shelby emails related to the Super Snake state the same 600 and 725 with no mention of 605.

R

Last edited:

F8L SN8K

Established Member
It is getting the FRPP TVS blower upgrade that in the catolog.

605HP 554lb.ft

you can see the link in my other post above to see more info.

RossSVT

Established Member
The issue is the tune. The computer module changed for 08 vs. 07 and tune work on Paxton and the 605 HP kits are not completed. Since Shelby is a mfg. they need to abide by the government emmissions rules. It does not mean that you can't by the SC and have it installed elsewhere. But it does mean that the cars are not CARB certified for 50 states with the tunes avalible. That is why they are on hold. The KB unit has the tune figrured out for the 08 PCM from what I am told.

Users who are viewing this thread