Super speeder law went into effect yesterday for Georgia

Status
Not open for further replies.

MachsFastr

Established Member
Super Speeders Will Pay Extra | 13WMAZ.com | Macon, GA

The new year brings a new law that could affect how fast you drive in 2010.

The Super Speeders law went into effect across the state on January 1. That means anyone driving over 75 miles per hour on a two-lane road or over 85 miles per hour on a four-lane road will get an extra $200 tacked on to their speeding ticket, in addition to local fines.

That money will go to fund trauma centers.

Sergeant Ricky Davis with the Monroe County Sheriff's Department patrol division says the new law won't affect how they enforce speeding. He says they won't pull over more people just because the new law is in place, but they won't have mercy because of hefty fines either. He does hope it will deter motorists on Interstate 75 and other roads in the county from driving super fast.

"We've always had a problem with excessive speed through our county and we're hoping that the new Super Speeder law will help to reduce the number of traffic accidents and fatalities on the highways," he said.

The Governor's office expects the new law to generate about $23 million a year, to go to the state's 15 trauma centers.

gump

aka jamz
Established Member
It won't affect me at all.

Sure this law is not what they claim it to be, but whether or not I agree is beside the point.

Don't go too fast = no extra fines for me is about as easy as 2+2=4

If I'm aware of this law & am still stupid enough to go way above the speed limit, them I'm an idiot retard!

[

The Governor's office expects the new law to generate about $23 million a year, to go to the state's 15 trauma centers.

I like this part of it all. Making money off stupid people always works for me. If I drive up a road with a dead end that goes off a cliff and continue to drive, then I would be an idiot for continueing to drive on that dead end. It's the same with the high end speeders.

Last edited:

MachsFastr

Established Member
It won't affect me at all.

Sure this law is not what they claim it to be, but whether or not I agree is beside the point.

Don't go too fast = no extra fines for me is about as easy as 2+2=4

If I'm aware of this law & am still stupid enough to go way above the speed limit, them I'm an idiot retard!

:beer:
But you know there will be those retards who complain. I will say when I'm coming back from Florida, I get off Ga. 300 on to 75N, traffic always seems to be cruising 85-90mph until Houston co line.

snakedoctor

Established Member
It's just another way they've come up with to make money. Hell if they could charge us for the air we breathe, then they'd do it. It wouldn't surprise me if the current government tried that in a few years.

gump

aka jamz
Established Member
:beer:
But you know there will be those retards who complain. I will say when I'm coming back from Florida, I get off Ga. 300 on to 75N, traffic always seems to be cruising 85-90mph until Houston co line.

yeah they cruise on the interstates at that speed all over the state. It will be interesting to see exactly who decides the actual number (100 mph?) :shrug: and what the exact number is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread