Supercharged Vette

bumblebeetuna

Trade: Girlfriend for KB?
Established Member
Just wondering how these cars fare against Supercharged or Sprayed C5's. What is the chance of the new C6 ZO6 beating a Cobra with "stuff"(over 500+)???
I have always been a Ford fan because 1) I have a Lightning 2) I believe Fords are some of the best performers new and old.
I was recently looking at the GT500 that are comming out thinking I might trade my truck in on one. I was recently at a car show and saw a red C6. I was like WOW, that is a gorgeous car! It Had everything...touchscreen,selectable ride, ect..... I talked to the owner, A nice guy considering that he knew what I brought to the show. It made me look at the new Z06 that is comming out around the same time as the GT500. The Z06 is a damn nice car with BIG cubic inches!!! (428 of them to be correct) I was thinking that if someone did a supercharger or a shot of nitrous, they could easily be one of the badest cars out there. It has 11.0-1 comp. ratio. But it also has titanium rings, and Rods. Foreged crank and pistons! The WHOLE car is revolved around the race track and race-inspired design. As far as Im concerened the vette is alost 28$ more but damn, I think itd be worth it. any thoughts?

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
YUL LUZ said:
The WHOLE car is revolved around the race track and race-inspired design. As far as Im concerened the vette is alost 28$ more but damn, I think itd be worth it. any thoughts?
Throw 28k into an 03 cobra and it will own the new Z06 everywhere but thats really not the point cause the same could be said about an old foxbody compared to a 03/04 cobra. But a vette cause ya want a vette or get a cobra cause ya want a cobra. While often compared they really are quite different, comes down to what you want, how much ya want to spend and how fast ya wanna go for the money you do spend.

bumblebeetuna

Trade: Girlfriend for KB?
Established Member
Well said shadowgray03. I would never buy one new. The best is after a year or two, find one that an old man (or woman.....yea right) had bought in the intention of taking his grandkids and his wife for a Sunday ride but never does and just wants the money to sink into a motor home that will undoubtedly by used no more than twice!........

Then he will sell you his once 65K (more like 70-73K) Corvette for a mere 50-55K (mabey less!!!!) with only a couple pampered thousand miles or so on the clock.

When the day comes, I will spring with glee and wipe the despire from my eyes and know that the day had come to end all days and scourage the streets insearch for that lonely adolesent with a fart pipe and a monster tach only to meet his death in red.........red as the color of my breaklights infront of him!

HAHAHAHA-(doctor evil laugh)

BadAzztt

Established Member
I was at the track the other night and there was a c5 Z06 there, a bunch actually, but one extremely fast in particular. I thought it would run like the rest, mid to high twelves but this thing ripped off and 11.2@130 on its first pass. Keep in mind this was at Bandimere(elevation 5800ft), so even faster at sea level. He was procharged and sprayed and I wasn't about to line up next to him to get whooped.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
YUL LUZ said:
Just wondering how these cars fare against Supercharged or Sprayed C5's. What is the chance of the new C6 ZO6 beating a Cobra with "stuff"(over 500+)???
I have always been a Ford fan because 1) I have a Lightning 2) I believe Fords are some of the best performers new and old.
I was recently looking at the GT500 that are comming out thinking I might trade my truck in on one. I was recently at a car show and saw a red C6. I was like WOW, that is a gorgeous car! It Had everything...touchscreen,selectable ride, ect..... I talked to the owner, A nice guy considering that he knew what I brought to the show. It made me look at the new Z06 that is comming out around the same time as the GT500. The Z06 is a damn nice car with BIG cubic inches!!! (428 of them to be correct) I was thinking that if someone did a supercharger or a shot of nitrous, they could easily be one of the badest cars out there. It has 11.0-1 comp. ratio. But it also has titanium rings, and Rods. Foreged crank and pistons! The WHOLE car is revolved around the race track and race-inspired design. As far as Im concerened the vette is alost 28$ more but damn, I think itd be worth it. any thoughts?
Ya got my heart pounding now. I sure wish I could afford the new Z06. Because with even the basic mods it is going to be just about the baddest ride on the streets. And I love the styling of the car, too. I LOOKS fast standing still. ;-)

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
Apples to Oranges. If I were going to spend the money a new Z06 is going to run, ($70,000 plus), I think I would spring for a bit more and get a S55 Mercedes. Well, maybe a lot more unless you can find a low mileage used one.

I think you are looking at $30,000 plus in difference between the new Z06 and the GT500. If what you are after is raw power for the price, that's a no brainer to me. Shouldn't take much to get the GT500 over 500 hp...if it's not that way from the factory. But a Mustang is not a Corvette...nor is it designed to be. It's your choice.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
stangfreak said:
i think bob needs to buy another 03 cobra ;-)
Yeah, I humbly agree! ;-)

There was another discussion about supercharging the new Vette not too long ago. With it's high compression, supercharging is going to be limited as far as boost. But with the big power the new Z06 is making even a 6lb. boost is definitely something to consider. :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread