Supercharger Coolant

Trmin8r

Established Member
What is the S/C Coolant that our cars take? I went to the Ford dealership and when I told them I had an 03 Cobra they said. "Is that a Focus?" I am not lying, they actually said that to me. I just left, because I did not have the owners manual with me. I am too lazy to walk out to my car to find out right now. Can I just pick up some Coolant at NAPA?
thanks

Got5onIt

Mean Green Nation
Established Member
It's either the Gold or Green Motorcraft premium coolant. Hate to tell you this, but you're going to have to open the hood up and look. The SVT manual lists p.n.'s for both. As far as I know, you'll have to go to a dealer to get it. :-D

My car has the gold......

Trmin8r

Established Member
Yeah, I know that mine isn't green going into the S/C. I popped the hood, but it didn't have any specs on the cap. I had the glove box locked from a trip, and will have to take my lazy butt outside in the freezin a$$ cold to look. Thanks

SlowSVT

Established Member
Ford uses the Gold Motorcraft anti-freeze in the intercooler as delivered form the factory.

Sonic 03 Cobra

Yes, that's a 2011
Established Member
SlowSVT said:
Ford uses the Gold Motorcraft anti-freeze in the intercooler as delivered form the factory.

1st run 2003's built before mid july 2002 came from the factory with green coolant. Ford switched the coolant in Mustangs after the retool in July '02.

Users who are viewing this thread