Supercharger on new crate '15 coyote motor. project Help please

tyler87

Established Member
let me start off by saying hey to everyone. been on this forum for a while but been more of a looker than a poster. Well I am now starting a project of my own and need some guidance. I am currently building a airboat and gonna use the 15 model coyote crate engine for the power plant. Buying the regular 11:1 base motor and plan on putting a blower on it. the question is what is the best blower for these motors? My goal is to be at 700-750 crank HP.

what is yalls opinion/experience with this. Is this easily doable or am i in over my head? From what I can gather with the blower and good tune I should be right where i want to be?

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Seems like a strange\expensive choice for the application. You could probably do a LSx truck motor with a big single and make the same power for half the money.

Russo

Unofficial Glass Tech
Established Member
most people with air boats do a NA LS motor and make 600+ hp.. if you're dead on doing the Coyote swap, i'd buy an Aluminator and supercharge that.. it's only around $2,000 more and you get the reliability of OPG and low compression for more boost.. on a boat you're going to have to do a PD blower like Whipple, VMP, or KB.. a centrifugal Procharger or Paxton is not going to help you because of the power delivery

Users who are viewing this thread