Votes: 45 70.3%
  • Nitrous (100 shot)

Votes: 15 23.4%
  • N/A all the way baby!

Votes: 4 6.3%

• Total voters

97cobraheaven

Established Member
i have yet to spray mine cause its rainin all the time and i just installed it. tomorrow is supposed to be nice, so i will let you know how it feels coming from someone that just installed and is not used to the feel. im starting with the 75 shot.

JustaGT

N/A Ain't For Me!
Established Member
I'm having this same dilemma right now...I think I'll go with nitrous because the power is still there for cheaper. The whine of a blower isn't worth the extra $1500.

04whitelight

SCAMMER / LIAR
blower, thats an easy ?, i mean, when im just driving down the road, i can punch it for fun to see what it will do and its there, the bottle isnt always full, trust me, u will hate it if u ever drive a blown car if u got the bottle

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
i've always been an adiment nitrous junkie...but looking at my reciepts of how many bottles of nitrous i have been through in the few months it hasn't had a broke rearend since I've had the new motor...i've went through a LOT of friggen nitrous...

so my new hypothesis is boost + nitrous is better than only one :-D

LAXbronco65

PIMPIN THE 916
Established Member
im still bouncing back and forth between the 2. looks like im gonna be getting a ZEX kit for super cheap and then ill just run the juice till i save enough for the blower. the blower is either gonna be a Kenne Bell or a Procharger, havent decided yet.

Kovachian

Me vs. Earth
Established Member
If you go with nitrous in the meantime, keep in mind that it'll take you that much longer to save up for the blower.

LAXbronco65

PIMPIN THE 916
Established Member
Kovachian said:
If you go with nitrous in the meantime, keep in mind that it'll take you that much longer to save up for the blower.
im gettin a ZEX dry kit with window switch and purge valve for $300. sounds like a hella of a deal to me. and the guy is gonna help me install it to. i love having friends that have had cobras before......... so it not gonna take too much time away.

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
LAXbronco65 said:
im gettin a ZEX dry kit with window switch and purge valve for $300. sounds like a hella of a deal to me. and the guy is gonna help me install it to. i love having friends that have had cobras before......... so it not gonna take too much time away.

consider this...after i got a tune on my car - i was shooting two bottles of nitrous through my motor in a weekend. It takes 26$ to fill an empty bottle. I had the car for about a month and a half - you do the math ;)

URDONE

Be Easy
Established Member
Doug said:
consider this...after i got a tune on my car - i was shooting two bottles of nitrous through my motor in a weekend. It takes 26$ to fill an empty bottle. I had the car for about a month and a half - you do the math ;)

Not everyone is going to go nuts with it like you. :rollseyes :-D

If I had a built motor I'd probably run 3 bottles per weekend. :rolling:

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
URDONE said:
Not everyone is going to go nuts with it like you. :rollseyes :-D

If I had a built motor I'd probably run 3 bottles per weekend. :rolling:

i've had one of those weekends back when my motor wasn't built and I went through 4 bottles. My own 10lb, my buddie's 15lber, and this guy let me use his bottle to race him ( he was running all motor and put about 10 cars on me with me spraying) then the coming tuesday ran through 3/4 bottle...hehe

it was around that time my motor started ticking :xpl: :nonono:

SPICER

Blood, Sweat, and Gears!
Established Member
get a nx 150 hosst wetkit with a GOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tune and you can spray all day with no problems and during the summer when your bottle is nice and hot you will blow th the boost heads out of the water. This works for me at least, but im in Texas where it gets really hot plus im a nitrous junkie. www.nitrodaves.com for all your nitrous needs.

LAXbronco65

PIMPIN THE 916
Established Member
StangsN4x4S said:
why not just save up and get both?
thats the plan, but im gonna be getting the nitrous first, and then most likely a procharger. nitrous for the torque and the centri blower for the top end POWAAAA!!!!! then ill build it up when i kill the bottom end.

XR8TED285

Established Member
96 coupe will be n/a with spray

92 coupe with a 03 mach motor will be blown

But my vote would be turbo

cobra96grl

Established Member
LAXbronco65 said:
Which do you guys prefer. each has its ups and its downs. i was gonna be getting a kick ass deal on a Vortech but it fell through so now im looking at either getting a 100 wet shot kit or saving up for a Procharger. Right now im leaning toward the spray becasue its cheaper and it will make my car a better daily driver be\casue i wont constantly have lots of power, only when i want to. but nothing sounds better than a Cobra with a supercharger IMO but they are damn expensive. what do u guys think i should do? get the nitrous or save for the supercharger?

Justin

in my opinion, if i was going to go anything other than n/a i would go with a supercharger instead of nitrous. for various reasons, and my own opinion...lol

Users who are viewing this thread