supercharger

ralphcobra

Established Member
Guys, I am contemplating putting a kenne bell Blowzilla on my 93 cobra. Any input from anyone else that already has this setup. Thanks, Ralph :shrug:

hollant

Stuck In First Gear
Established Member
A club member in my neck of the woods did that to a 95 Cobra and loved it, until his head gaskets went south (2 days after doing the dyno tune)

Have fun!

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
I had a '93 Cobra with a Flowzilla/Blowzilla set up. The car ran hard and was fun to drive. My only complaints about it were: 1) You have to remove the hood pad for clearence and it still hit one of the hood cross braces enough that it actually rubbed a hole in the brace. 2) the KB was hard on clutches if you ran it hard very much.

My car was stock other 3.73 gears (which were to deep w/ KB installed), full exhaust, and an alum. radiator. The car still ran on the stock 24lb injectors with the 10lb pulley setup.

I've thought about buying one again for my other 93 Cobra but I would just go with 3.27 gears and probably better breathing alum. heads as they would also help reduce the chance of detonation (not that I had any problems before)

I'll stop rambling on this note: if you like lots of instant power go with a KB if you want high rpm power go with a Vortech/Novi/Procharger.

ralphcobra

Established Member
What kind of power were you making after the install. Did you have a lot of other changes involved with the swap? Would the whipple be a more logical choice? I want to keep the car in somewhat original condition and make only changes that are reversable. Already have afr 165 heads and a special grind comp cam, headers with bassini xpipe and no cats . My g-tech shows that I am making 288 h.p. with 358lbs torque. What do you think I should expect with the blowzilla setup? Thanks, Ralph

Users who are viewing this thread