superchargers

fiveoh

Established Member
Ive heard when you put heads or a different cam that the engine idles really bad because of the computer on it. Would the same thing happend if i threw a supercharger on it too? And which would you guys reccommend either a powerdyne or a procharger? I was thinking the powerdyne since it is belt driven and quieter but, would it be as good performance wise. I was thinking from 6-9psi for the boost. What would be the best for my application?

Big Daddy

Open Track Junkie!
Established Member
Vortech...:D ;-) When you put the SC on it whichever one you buy (like) you should get a custom tuned chip for your mods. That should take care of any idle problem.

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
> And which would you guys recommend either a Powerdyne or a ProCharger?

ATI ProCharger.

postin the midnight oil..
Established Member
Neither...I've heard from various people that ProChargers services after the purchase is iffy...And powerdyne is a little lower in quality....Go Vortech or Paxton for centrifugal or Kenny Brown for Roots...(twin screw)....IMO of course...

1 BA SVT

your momma likes it
Established Member
the SC won't affect the idle quality of the car it will be the cam depending on what spec it is. i'm partial to vortech, but i wouldn't go with anything other than a vortech or a paxton for a centrifical, and a KB for a roots.

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
Offhand, I would go with a Vortech. But between the initial offerings, ProCharger.

fiveoh

Established Member
I didnt want to put a vortech for the reason you have to drill a hole in your oil pan. I was trying to stick with one that was belt driven or oiled in itself. Is a powerdyne,paxton,and procharger not as effective for performance or are they just made cheaper. Also what kind of hp can i expect from 6-9psi?

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
You can add a Spearco intercooler to any setup. ;-)

If the pan is the real issue, the a Paxton is the way to go. Any SC that is gear driven internally is going to last longer than a belt drive. Particularly in the heat that the SC generates from the high RPM range the centrificals work at.

lilnatedogg21

Established Member
Do not go with vortec, go with either powerdyne, pro charger, or paxton. I would go with a powerdyne, because all you do is drop the alternator down, and put the blower bracket on, and then you slap the blower on and run the belt. No oil lines or anything!!!! But then again, if you don't want a quiet supercharger, don't get a powerdyne.

Users who are viewing this thread