Supercharging a Mach 1

Adam03GT

Established Member
So I am finally at a point where i can start spending some money on the Mach.

So far I have everything aestheticly done, suspension is done, basicly i am just missing that big power.

I am looking specificly at the intercooled Procharger setup. How much power can our Mach 1s hold on the stock internals SAFELY?

My car just hit 30k miles and i still want it to make it to 100k with this supercharger. 400+ rwhp is the bottom number i am wanting to make with this, is this possible on stock internals?

04Mach1Blurr

1st GT500 M122 Eaton Mach
Established Member
[ame=http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=51791]Official Procharger HP/TQ/mods thread: - 2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club[/ame]

Everything you need to know

need it

Established Member
So I am finally at a point where i can start spending some money on the Mach.

So far I have everything aestheticly done, suspension is done, basicly i am just missing that big power.

I am looking specificly at the intercooled Procharger setup. How much power can our Mach 1s hold on the stock internals SAFELY?

My car just hit 30k miles and i still want it to make it to 100k with this supercharger. 400+ rwhp is the bottom number i am wanting to make with this, is this possible on stock internals?

yes any where from 400-450 rwhp...

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
If your goal is to stick with the stock motor, I don't think its worth spending that much money on the blower setup. Throw in some cams, ported intake, 4:10s, and call it a day. .....IMO. These motors like to pop with FI on the stock motor. There are the chosen-few that seem to last up to 70-80k on very safe tunes, but it seems the vast majority end up throwing a rod or busting a piston.

Last edited:

Adam03GT

Established Member
speedofsound, i would like to eventualy get forged internals and this car only goes about 5k miles a year.

I have considered the N/A route but isnt it true that a good set of cams + intake will cost me upwards of $3000? I dont know machs well, but that wont net me 400rwhp correct?

Coming from a GT, it seems like FI is always the best bang for the buck.

04Mach1Blurr

Established Member
FI for the Mach is best bang for the buck. High compression will only withstand so much though. Its easier/ cost less to FI than it is to build an engine N/A. But it only lasts for so long.

Adam03GT

Established Member
Unless i am completely misinformed, forged internals is rather inexpensive correct? I planned on doing so, just not until later on.

04Mach1Blurr

Established Member
Unless i am completely misinformed, forged internals is rather inexpensive correct? I planned on doing so, just not until later on.

Like always depends on what you get.. Im not sure about building the block because Im nowhere near that stage lol. Id go to M1R and do a search over there. Its like a guarentee that you will find the price on most of the stuff and what needs to be done. If not post up, and Im sure the guys on here will speak up as well.

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member

Will you do the build yourself? If so, then yes, "relatively" cheap. Now that I know you will eventually forge it, go right ahead with the FI. BUT, I always advocate forging the motor first. :beer:

cobra916

Established Member
speedofsound, i would like to eventualy get forged internals and this car only goes about 5k miles a year.

I have considered the N/A route but isnt it true that a good set of cams + intake will cost me upwards of $3000? I dont know machs well, but that wont net me 400rwhp correct?

Coming from a GT, it seems like FI is always the best bang for the buck.

if you want to go FI..sell it and get a cobra..just cheaper route.. if it was me id keep a eye out for a set of cams on the market sections..get a good deal and throw those puppies in.. with bolt ons you should get to 350-360..no need for intake work..as it really isnt proven in my eyes

Adam03GT

Established Member
If a good set of cams with boltons will get me to 360ish, that kinda seems like the more viable route.

This thread has been good information. I knew the Mach motors were a higher compression so i knew it would be a good idea to ask about the FI before diving into it.

While the thread is active, does anyone know of a good semi-aggressive cams that would work well for the mach?

cobra916

Established Member
If a good set of cams with boltons will get me to 360ish, that kinda seems like the more viable route.

This thread has been good information. I knew the Mach motors were a higher compression so i knew it would be a good idea to ask about the FI before diving into it.

While the thread is active, does anyone know of a good semi-aggressive cams that would work well for the mach?

just something to think about our intakes are what limit our power.. so peak will be at 6200 no matter what.. ported short runner intakes just lose too much low end in my opinion.. and so do big cams.. a better set up is a smaller cam that matches our stock intake length.. 1996 Ford Mustang Cobra Comp Cams Install - Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords Magazine

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
If the Mach isn't your daily, I would do the forged rods route first if you are set on supercharging it.

Get the peace of mind, cheaper in the long run if it were to blow, and you don't have to be restricted on how much power you can make. jmo

Users who are viewing this thread