Support Our Military Read This Patition And Sign It.

scraggsds

PLEASE Support Our Military Read This Patition And Sign It.

Please help us to lower our fares so we can get home to see our families more often, your help is greatly appreciated.

PLEASE READ & SIGN & PASS ON..... THANK YOU!
MILITARY AIRFARE REDUCTION
Position Statement
Did you know that the men and women actively serving our Country in the military are paying for their own flights home during leave, and - in many instances - are paying higher fares than you?
As a result of this, many of them are unable to come home as they cannot afford the airfare.
Why don't they take advantage of the low purchase-in-advance tickets that the airlines offer?
Many of them are unable to book their tickets in advance as their leaves are not always granted 21, 14 or even 7 days in advance.
We have asked the airlines to do two things:
* Reinstate the airfare that was offered to active duty military personnel during the Vietnam War. It was called "Military Standby." It was less expensive than "Military Reserve," which was the other airfare offered during that time. Anyone showing an active military ID paid a greatly reduced price for his or her ticket. We want the airlines to fill those otherwise empty seats with the men and women who are putting their lives on the line to serve our Country.
* Provide active duty military personnel a guaranteed seat at the 21-day advance fare for all tickets booked anytime prior to the flight. If the flight needs to be changed because of a change in orders
(which can be substantiated), the airlines should waive any fees or penalties and the total amount should be 100% refundable.
We have heard back from only four airlines, and they are unable to comply with our requests.
How can you help?
1. You can make a difference by taking a few minutes to sign our Military Airfare Reduction Petition at:
http://www.petitiononline.com/BSMMIL/petition.html
This petition will be sent to President Bush and the US Congress in support of the resolution.
V/R
//signed//
Jonpaul Betro, A1C, USAF
Munitions Accountability
2nd Support Squadron (ACC)
Fairchild AFB, WA 99011
Duty Phone: (DSN) 657-3442

Last edited by a moderator:

bchamp

Established Member
I want to say thanks to all that have supported the military. I have yet to go to Iraq but I now others that have and this Airline patition would be great for those guys and even us who have been away from home for a few years ( Europe, Asia, etc.)

Thanks You guys rock

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
This is a great idea. I was never able to even REQUEST leave more than 30 days in advance. Hope this goes through.

Users who are viewing this thread