Supporting mods for Ported Blower?

CobraOnTheLoose

Screamin Yellow
Established Member
I guess I'm on a question spree...but would I need to get the MAFia and BAP after I finish porting my blower in order to keep it safe? OR would a good tuner be able to tune the car for the increased airflow with stock MAF and fuel rate? Money is tight but I am planning on porting my blower this weekend and then getting it tuned this coming week. Any info would be helpful. Thanks

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Even with a pulley? You may have seen my threads recently but mine went boom with a stage IV port and 2.76 pulley. I have no real evidence to say what exactly made the cylinder 4 piston damage itself.
Machine shop tells me cylinder #4 was .001 smaller than factory spec not allowing the piston to expand where as the other 7 cylinders where not.

Most people tell me it's all in the tune and that my car should never have let go. Others say maybe I pegged the mass air meter (it was a 38F night when I broke it). Either way what ever it was a mass air flow extender and boost a pump seems like cheap insurance against a massive problem. I'll be adding both of those and getting a new tune from somewhere before driving my new motor (work in progress).

Fireguy615

Mom! The Meatloaf!
Established Member
I've seen guys run out of fuel with a ported blower. You have to remember every car is different. You will probably want a MAF, and a BAP. Sometimes in the rare case a car will need bigger injectors. Nothing sucks worse than being on a dyno with either a pegged MAF or running out of fuel.

Alot of guys get their supporting mods such as MAF, BAP (or twin pumps), and injectors when they get a ported blower, that way everything is there when they inevitably pull it off and go twin screw because they need more power!:rockon:

CobraOnTheLoose

Screamin Yellow
Established Member
Thats where I was going to get them from. How fast is their shipping? Florida to SC shouldnt take too long.

They sell BAP's? I cant seem to find them from Lethal.

CobraOnTheLoose

Screamin Yellow
Established Member
shouldnt take long at all they got great service......why do you got your blower ported yet, or one ready to put on:shrug:

No, but this weekend I'm going to "Home-Port" my blower and then this coming week get it tuned and wanted to get the supporting mods for the tune in order for it to be safe.

CobraOnTheLoose

Screamin Yellow
Established Member
Nope...no experience but Posi is helping me out a lot.

As for boost I have a 2.8 Upper until I get the cash, then I am planning on a 4# lower.

unforgiven

Humble
Established Member
Not to hijack, but with a stock lower and 2.93 upper, I would need MAF and BAP with a ported blower.

Car is tuned and lays down 453/464

CobraOnTheLoose

Screamin Yellow
Established Member
Damn thats an expensive mod. Should I get the Head Cooling Mod instead of one of these? Cause money is kind of an object right now until I can get a job.

speeddemon2000

Established Member
When I did my port the tune was still on. The A/F was still around 11.5 on my wideband. The only fuel mod I had was a Boost-a-pump. I did re-tune with a Mafia but i don't think it was needed.

twhitey

Established Member
you could try just a wire upgrade for the pumps or buy a used bap. Is your car already tuned for the 2.93?

Users who are viewing this thread