Supra vs Terminator

ScrewDrvr

Established Member
wurd2 said:
Okay, there's no point in arguing with a Supra worshipper with his panties all bundled up. You can quote me out of context all you want. It will just be a waste of your time. I stand by everything I said 100% and will respond to you no further. Hopefully, you'll just go back to SupraPerformance.com and continue your ranting there.

:coolman:

thanks, youve been owned and have no comeback, your welcome.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
95YellowGTBeast said:
this is about the gayest argument ive ever seen....ive seen a ford pinto go 5.40 @ 135mph in the 1/8th....i mean Jesus! you can make anything fast! it just takes money!

Nick

ha ha +1

SleeperSupra

V8 KILLER
Established Member
I think, in some almost incomprehensible sort of way, he is trying to state that your supposed “apples to apples” comparison of pulling the turbo off of a car that was built to run with them and to run against a car with a much larger engine, that was built to make it’s power naturally aspirated, is a totally ignorant suggestion. What you suggest is sort of like a Viper guy or a C6 Corvette guy saying that a Cobra is less desirable because it has to have forced induction to be able to run to its potential. It would be stupid for a Cobra to run N/A when it was designed to run with forced induction, same for a turbo Supra.

Your argument is totally full of holes and you’re arguing a stupid point just for the sake of argument...

Last edited:

ScrewDrvr

Established Member
SleeperSupra said:
I think, in some almost incomprehensible sort of way, he is trying to state that your supposed “apples to apples” comparison of pulling the turbo off of a car that was built to run with them and to run against a car with a much larger engine, that was built to make it’s power naturally aspirated, is a totally ignorant suggestion. What you suggest is sort of like a Viper guy or a C6 Corvette guy saying that a Cobra is less desirable because it has to have forced induction to be able to run to its potential. It would be stupid for a Cobra to run N/A when it was designed to run with forced induction, same for a turbo Supra.

Your argument is totally full of holes and you’re arguing a stupid point just for the sake of argument, an argument that is full of holes...

wow, someone with atleast 2 brain cells understands :beer:

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
As far as I know, there isn't an argument here. I just upset a few people with my skepticism towards the capability of stock Supra components and my bias towards the small engine, big boost approach to being fast. And I am not claiming to have a fast Mach1 by any means.

:beer:

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
SleeperSupra said:
I think, in some almost incomprehensible sort of way, he is trying to state that your supposed “apples to apples” comparison of pulling the turbo off of a car that was built to run with them and to run against a car with a much larger engine, that was built to make it’s power naturally aspirated, is a totally ignorant suggestion.

Aww.. I see. I'll admit to enjoying arguments. If you read what I said originally, you will see that I spoke of apples to apples in my book. I can't help but compare motors to motors when we all have the freedom to choose the motor we want. That's all.

SleeperSupra said:
Your argument is totally full of holes and you’re arguing a stupid point just for the sake of argument.

Last time I checked, an argument consisted of premises and a drawn conclusion. If I have drawn a conclusion I failed to support, then by all means, point it out so I can fix it!

:thumbsup:

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
ScrewDrvr said:
wow, someone with atleast 2 brain cells understands :beer:

Is this the part where the Supra fans start having sex with each other?

(hehe)

mr2cam

Established Member
95YellowGTBeast said:
yea but when it comes time to replace stuff on them it gets expensive! the toyota place charged me 1200 BUCKS LABOR to fix the HOH HFHOE on my MR2! and i about burnt that f$%^&$ down!

Nick

Well I fix my own mr2, thats the nice thing about having your dad own a repair shop, and the toyota dealership in my town is $5 an hour cheaper than the ford dealership.

mr2cam

Established Member
KFRG631 said:
That's quite a blanket statement... Hondas and Toyotas most reliable cars on the road? Mabye some of the most, but I can name plenty of others.
BTW great way to end this arguement would be to compare both car's in factory stock form, the Cobra is 390/390, what was the Supra like 250HP from the motor?

I have worked on just about every type of car and the only cars I have seen with 300k+ on the odometer (without a rebuild) are hondas, toyotas, and sometimes subarus. Heres the top 5 money makers for our shop:

1.VW
2.GM
3.Ford
4.Subaru/Mitsubishi
5.Dodge

We do also see quite a few BMW's, and when they come in it is usually a very expensive fix, but I don't think there are enough of them out there to make it into the top 5. The one car that I seriously never see, are Lexus (which of course is high class Toyota).

and the stock supras putout 320, and they were easily raised to 400+ with a BPU setup. I have seen the stock twins hit as high as 580 (at the wheels), and then you moev to a single turbo, which can range from 500-1500. Around 900 it would be a good idea to build the bottom end, although I have seen the supra push 1000 with a stock bottom end.

Last edited:

03cobra 87GN

Established Member
down the road i want to keep my cobra and buy a lexus sc300 and do a GTE swap with a single turbo and auto trans for a mostly daily driver. i like both supras and cobra. but i think the lexus is a much nicer looking car.

this argument is stupid they are both nice cars and i wouldn't mind owner either own:coolman:

a nice turbo setup and an auto is a nasty combo just look at the buick grand nationals every one ive ever raced in the cobra straight up raped me out of the hole including the one in my sig:beer:
-Tim

kfrg

Banned
Mrcam, off the top of my head I can name you two Buick Regals, one with just over 300K miles, and the other fast approaching (280K) that I know of personally. With that I am sure there are countless others. Both original engines, one of which is on it's second transaxle. I realize you are saying what you have seen personally, but blanket statements should never be made.

Users who are viewing this thread