surge, miss, whatever....tried to fix....

White01Cobra

Established Member
Hey guys, I just did mike79's MAF clean and I still have the surge/miss. Here are my details: I got my car custom tuned a few months ago and I had the SES light on since then because my tuner couldn't turn off the O2 sensors with the Predator. The car was running fine so I didn't do anything to turn off the light. After a while it got really annoying and I hooked up MIL eliminators to turn the light off about two weeks ago. Everything was fine for a few days and then the surge/miss began. It just got worse everyday and now it is a PITA to drive the car because of it. I cleaned the MAF tonight and also cleaned the air filter. I let the car warm up for a while, then I drove it and it was still the same way. My mods are JLT RAI, o/r H-pipe, Flowmaster catback, 2.80 pulley, Predator custom tune. Any help is great guys, thanks in advance......

edit: I had an idea of putting the stock tune back on then letting the car learn the custom tune all over again. Any ideas?

Last edited:

Tucker

I have heard of several cars getting the "stall" after a few miles.
If it's not stalling, it sounds like theres a vacuum leak some where. Double check the line on the bottom of the JLT pipe. Make sure it didn't come off.
Let us know.
Jay

Jpjr

Established Member
turn the EGR off through the predator, and if that doesn't work, check the valve to make sure its not sticking.

how is the idle?

Users who are viewing this thread