Suspected of drag racing...

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Even a guy caught on video breaking the law is a"suspect", and innocent.
kindly explain this and the rationale behind it. I would be interested in seeing how you explain something this wrong

Russo

Unofficial Glass Tech
Established Member
i would have told the sheriff to put a skirt on and sell cookies if he really just wanted to make the money on chicken shit tickets. this is extortion 101 and the sheriff is counting on you not putting up a fight in court. it is why civilians have a prejudice against police because of these revenue generating tactics.

Last edited:

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
Tried many cases in a Georgia courtroom???...a rural Ga. courtroom??

My self confidence knows few boundaries. I have presented in a rural hick courtroom and it did not go my way, it was against logic. Afterwards I immediately got in line to inquire about filing an appeal and the judge told the girl he would handle me. He tossed my ticket after talking to me outside. Until the point where my time just becomes too valuable or I have exhausted my own abilities, I would never waste my money on a lawyer like yourself.

HooperWest

DECIDER
Established Member
I have a question maybe someone can give advice on. I was stopped in a road block about 2 months ago for suspicion of drag racing. In all honesty no racing of any type ever occurred. The officer took my license and told me to go talk to the sheriff the following week. I went to the SO but the sheriff wasn't in. The clerk gives me a ticket for drag racing with a court date. I went to court yesterday.The Solicitor informed me and others that there was not sufficient evidence to go forth with the drag racing charge. Since we refused to pay for an offense that never occurred and there is no evidence the sheriff says either we can pay $423 court cost which is also the cost of the fine and everything will be dropped or he will persue having us Indicted on criminal intent to race and says he has enough evidence to prove us guilty. I'm not sure of what it is he claims to have. Anyway do I have a leg to stand on to fight this or am I screwed??? The police report stated I was on a road known for drag racing. I was on my way home when stopped if it matters.

Sounds like you were driving a DeLorean and ended up in the Soviet Union.

jbs$

Established Member
In a situation such as this, hire a local lawyer. The one that you want is the Judge's brother or the Sherrif's brother-in-law, or as close to this as you can find. Ask around, someone will point you in the right direction. Also, accept that you are not looking for justice, what you want is mercy. Until you are properly lawyer up, keep your mouth shut.

mobeydick

Established Member
I have a question maybe someone can give advice on. I was stopped in a road block about 2 months ago for suspicion of drag racing. In all honesty no racing of any type ever occurred. The officer took my license and told me to go talk to the sheriff the following week. I went to the SO but the sheriff wasn't in. The clerk gives me a ticket for drag racing with a court date. I went to court yesterday.The Solicitor informed me and others that there was not sufficient evidence to go forth with the drag racing charge. Since we refused to pay for an offense that never occurred and there is no evidence the sheriff says either we can pay $423 court cost which is also the cost of the fine and everything will be dropped or he will persue having us Indicted on criminal intent to race and says he has enough evidence to prove us guilty. I'm not sure of what it is he claims to have. Anyway do I have a leg to stand on to fight this or am I screwed??? The police report stated I was on a road known for drag racing. I was on my way home when stopped if it matters.

Have YOU been served to appear for a court date. If you have, go, Plea NOT GUILTY. If you have not ignore anything from the sheriff saying he has evidence, do not speak or correspond with them at all.

Users who are viewing this thread