Suspension Advice - 2011 GT500 Vert with TVS

YELL03

Established Member
I know some of you are getting sick of all my questions and I have searched for hours (my wife is getting pissed), but....

I just want to make my 2011 GT500 with a TVS swap a little safer when putting the power down.

Drag Radials are out of the question as this is my daily driver.
Yesterday was 42 and raining and my Michelin Pilot A/S 3s were amazing, confidence inspiring.

I might possibly throw on Michelin Pilot Super Sports for the summer, but the A/S 3s are pretty good, much better than stock Goodyears even in warm weather. In 70 degree weather on a sunny day the car will hook up from a 40mph roll. Now, on a 50-60 degree day and gray skies 2nd will spin badly, even 3rd broke them loose at 65 the other day.

Back on topic....

Without losing ride quality or increasing noise too much...

What suspension parts would keep my 600rwhp TVS swapped Convertible from spinning more than it does now and more importantly, at least when it does spin, keeping it spinning straight rather than kicking out sideways.

When the car becomes a part-time drive I could go to drag radials later on, but that will be incing on the cake.

I have thought about going to wider tires out back, I hear 325/30/19s will fit on a 11 inch rim, but I still think the car will spin them without suspension work, but if you think wider rubber is the answer, feel free to voice that opinion.

I really like the look of my stock rims, so I hate to change them out.
Right now my main plan is suspension and maybe throwing MPSS 285/35/19s out back in the warm weather, they may hook a bit better than the A/S3s.

Red-GT500

Needs More Torque!
Established Member
You can do the full suspension out back. Lower Control Arms, Relocation Brackets, Panhard bar and Upper Control Arm with Mount. That will help keep the car straight when it does spin and reduce wheel hop. As for traction, those parts will help some but you really will need DR's to increase the grip. I have Pilot Super Sports and while they are a good tire and do great combating this massive torque these cars put down i really wish i had some Drag Radials because as ive added power the MPSS tires are starting to give up. Im now at 700 rwhp. No way a street tire is going to hold that much.

YELL03

Established Member
You can do the full suspension out back. Lower Control Arms, Relocation Brackets, Panhard bar and Upper Control Arm with Mount. That will help keep the car straight when it does spin and reduce wheel hop. As for traction, those parts will help some but you really will need DR's to increase the grip. I have Pilot Super Sports and while they are a good tire and do great combating this massive torque these cars put down i really wish i had some Drag Radials because as ive added power the MPSS tires are starting to give up. Im now at 700 rwhp. No way a street tire is going to hold that much.

My car made 590rwhp/573rwtq SAE on the same day a stock 13 GT500 made 568rwhp, dyno might have been conservative.

Keeping the car straight without hop would be nice.

Keeping in mind I have over 100rwhp less than you, do you think the MPSS and those suspension parts will do OK?

Red-GT500

Needs More Torque!
Established Member
Even at that power level it will help. It even benefits stock cars. Suspension should always be the first mod.

Users who are viewing this thread