Suspension experts

brian98svtsnake

Established Member
What else could/should I do to help plant the rear? Mods are in my sig. Anti roll bar? Rear shock tower brace? Also can you explain why any recommendations will help me. Thanks guys, trying to get mid 10's now

Kevin P

Established Member
What kid of 60ft times are you getting? You may be doing about as well as you can expect on 275 radials. There is no magic button that will put down ~700 hp.

brian98svtsnake

Established Member
1.6, I know I can get a better 60' time than that. One thing I'm doing very soon is a 2 step. This way I can set my rpm's and not have inconsistent launches. I'm just wondering what other suspension parts would help plant the wheels better. I'm not worried about street driving as I don't drive much.

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member

brian98svtsnake

Established Member
Thanks, I was just looking in to the Swarr bar. Never considered new shocks, I have QA-1's but they're the single adjustable. I'll look in to the double adjustable. My buddy just got an anti roll bar and that's what got me thinking about adding more to my rear suspension .

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
I have QA1 rear single adjustable shocks also. They are ok, but ideally you would loosen dampening and tighten rebound to allow the car to transition weight to the rear and hold it there longer during launch. The BMR extreme anti-roll bar seems to work well on S197 mustangs I have seen make passes at the strip.

brian98svtsnake

Established Member
I have QA1 rear single adjustable shocks also. They are ok, but ideally you would loosen dampening and tighten rebound to allow the car to transition weight to the rear and hold it there longer during launch. The BMR extreme anti-roll bar seems to work well on S197 mustangs I have seen make passes at the strip.

My friend has a connection with UPR so I'd probably go with their anti-roll bar unless I found a great deal on the BMR or I find that the BMR is a superior piece compared to the UPR. Thanks for the help

Users who are viewing this thread