Suspension help

kanine

Established Member
I just want to see if this is correct or ok. I have the front shock and spring assembled, but the spring does not sit flush all the way on the bottom perch, I tried decompressing and adjusting the spring, but it keeps end up with a gap on one side on the bottom. I have he 05-10 Konis, but using the 11-14 Eibachs.

I was installing my suspension today, I only got to do the rear, took me almost 4 hours. I have the fronts assembled, was planning to install it tomorrow.

Attachments

• DSC_0662.JPG
    DSC_0662.JPG
    179.6 KB · Views: 171
  • DSC_0663.JPG
    DSC_0663.JPG
    148.1 KB · Views: 165

86Fbody

Established Member
Did you get the correct mounts for the 05-10 shocks? Also did you compress the springs all the way and tighten the mounts down against the shock?

Jabooh1

Established Member
Springs should be universal 05-14. Can you posts picture of the mount? Does the top of the spring sit flush?

kanine

Established Member
The top sits flush, it is the GT500 mounts. I compressed it all the way so that the mounts were tightened to the lowest point on the shock shaft.

50blackout

Established Member
Did you ever get this figured out? I was under the impression that you can use 5-10 struts on 11-14's as long as you had GT500 mounts.

smittybat

Established Member
It looks like the bump stop is above the black rubber boot. That is supposed to go on the inside

Last edited:

86Fbody

Established Member
Did you ever get this figured out? I was under the impression that you can use 5-10 struts on 11-14's as long as you had GT500 mounts.
You can.
It looks like the bump stop is above the black rubber boot. That is supposed to go on the inside
How could that cause the spring to not sit correctly? The dust boot is flimsy rubber, shouldn't be able to put tension on the spring.

kanine

Established Member
Update, I just got a set of Steeda Sport springs for 05-14, and they sit flush on the bottom perch and flush on the GT500 mounts, I did not even compress them yet and they sit more better than Eibachs.

It is the Eibach springs specifically, they are the only springs listed as 05-10 and then 11-14 on the Pro Kit. Other springs are listed as 05-14. They will not work on the 05-10 struts unless you get the 05-10 springs, the diameter of the bottom coil is a little bigger than the 05-10 Koni spring perch and it is at a slight angle, that is why it will not sit flush.

The bump stops I got are from the Ford jounce kit, the sleeve are just generic Monroe covers, so it does not fit completely inside, but it fits good enough on the bottom half of the bump stop. The bump stop did not have anything to do with the spring fitment issue, it just sits on the shaft of the strut.

Users who are viewing this thread