Suspension help

jumpincactus

Warriors come out to play
Established Member
I am in the process of having my GT 500 lowered.

Im going with H&R sport springs. The back will be dropped 1.75" and dropping the front 1.5

How radically will this alter the overall geometry of the vehicle. I am not suspension savvy so any input from those of you who really know your suspension work please pipe in.

H& R's website siad that with this amount of drop a bumpsteer adjustment will not be necassary.

What other issues may I have when lowering??

jumpincactus

Warriors come out to play
Established Member
geeeesh

BUMP So let me get this right, no one in here is knowlegable concerning suspension questions. 16 views no input come on fellas :shrug:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
it really matters on what you want. you will change some angles, but i do not believe they will be noticable unless you are tracking the vehicle. or in other words the change is not great enough to need additional components.

if i was going to shorter springs in order to enhance cornering/handling i would look to get the car a four adjustable coil overs so that i could play with setting in order to get the one i like. at the very least i would add a bump steer kit and caster camber plates to give yourself some adjustability with the shorter springs.

Users who are viewing this thread