Suspension options

warden13

Established Member
I've got an 07 GT500 (Specs in Sig) and had a ton of fun chasing my friends 84 Porsche around some winding roads in Northern Wisconsin this weekend. I've got some Steeda springs and it's lowered about 1.5" but after this weekend it really got me thinking about some suspension upgrades to improve the handling. Any advice regarding shocks, struts, sway bar, etc?

Thanks!

greb87

Established Member
I just installed Ford Racing Adjustable shocks and struts in my 2010 and they made a huge improvement in ride quality. I drove around for a year with ford racing lowering springs with my stock shocks and it rode like crap. Really glad I upgraded the shocks. I've heard good things about KONI yellow adjustable as well.

red500

Established Member
if it helps i did

bmr panbar and support
Viking adjustable rear shocks
and rear shock tower brace
these mods helped sure up the rear greatly

next i will be doing anti-roll bars for the front and rear
then so handling springs 220lb or so

czgt500

I am running koni yellows with eibach sway bars and panhard bar steeda upper and lower control arms on stock springs car is 2008 rides great handles well and much more neutral then stock but i do wish i went with a full coilover setup like KW V3 then again Im in the Czech rep and roads are crap lol

1st usa car

Established Member
my sway bars helped out a lot in the rear -- When I find time to wrench - I will go 1 hole stiffer = to the stiffest setting in the rear... I will go 1 hole softer in the front = 2nd stiffest setting.

If I change my shocks - I would include Bilsteins in my search.

Users who are viewing this thread