Suspension question (noise and vibration)

gtmustang88

Established Member
My 2011 Gt is lowered with Ford Racing p springs and an adjustable panhard bar. Otherwise the suspension is stock. I am looking to replace the struts and shocks and I am ready to order the parts. Now I also have a creaking and squeaking sound which I believe is the lower control arm bushing after reading TSB 12-8-24. Unfortunately the car is outside the warranty period so I will need to get these myself. The car also has a bad vibration when turning the steering wheel when driving at speed. Could this also be coming from the control arm bushing as well? I would like to get this problem taken care of and order all of the parts needed at once.

Would it be best to order factory control arms or go with aftermarket control arms?

gtmustang88

Established Member
Thanks. I've been looking at TSB 13-9-3 with the new control arms with shields for the bushings. However, everything I have read online looks like its only a temporary fix and the problem still comes back.

BMR Tech 2

Our lower control arms may be the fix you're looking for, but you need to be a little cautious. The earlier EPAS racks have been known to shudder when paired up with stiffer front lower control arm bushings. This only appeared to be an issue with early build 11's and the EPAS was recalibrated/fixed/adjusted/something'd so that the issue doesn't exist on later 11+ cars.

I'm not trying to scare you away from our arms, but I don't want you to be surprised if the issue crops up. The fix is simple, you just have to swap to a newer rack or a Ford racing rack. It may be something to consider budgeting for if you have an early 11. I think our a-arms are an awesome product and I run them on my own vehicle, pretty amazing difference over the squishy factory arms!

Users who are viewing this thread