Suspension question

11VENOM

Established Member
I recently lowered my Gt500 convertible with a ford racing gt500 kit.With the kit came the rear suspension stops(jounce bouncers).I noticed looking through the wheels that the jounce bouncers sit further back on the frame rail and not in indent in the frame as designed.Do i need to get an adjustable upper arm and rotate the rearend?
The car is only lowered 1 inch.

11VENOM

Established Member
yes i have a adjustable pan hard bar. I don't know what the pinion angle is.i have a stock upper arm,so I am thinking the pinion angle is off now from lowering the car.

barspen

Established Member
I had my 2011 lowered with FRPP Springs and the jounce stops shortly after I got it. This was 2 years before I put in a UCA. I suspect many people here lower without an UCA, so you should be good.

But not sure why it's not lining up for you. Are you doing the work yourself and trying to put it back together? When I did my UCA, I had to lift at the very front portion of the transaxle (behind the pinion flange) to get everything to rotate and line up properly.

Any pictures?

11VENOM

Established Member
Yes I am doing the work myself. I will try and loosen the lower arms and rotate the rear axle and see if that corrects the issue. Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread