Suspension Questions (LCA's and Strut Mounts)

stags

Established Member
Gents,

I am really cooking on some suspension upgrades. I am planning to go with Steeda Sports springs, either Koni Yellow or Orange, strut mounts (if necessary), adjustable panhard, and a LCA set for starters. A few questions:

1. I finally realized how bad I am suffering from wheel hop with 3.73s. So LCA's need to happen. Whose to buy? Since the car will be moderately lowered with the Sports, will adjustable LCAs be necessary to ensure correct pinion angle? My impression is UCA is a real PITA so I am trying to avoid that if at all possible. Also: spherical or standard bearings?

2. Who do you recommend for an adjustable panhard? I am pretty sure this is necessary with even moderate lowering.

3. Koni Orange or yellow? The best handling car I have driven in awhile is the Subaru BRZ, if I can get the stang to half that in handling with Coyote power I can see her as a real monster. I tend to like firm rides- will the oranges be firm enough or should I go with Yellows just to be sure?

4. I remember that through 2010 the stock strut mount was not reusable. Is that still the case in the 14? Would GT500 strut mounts suffice with very little drop or would I need caster and camber plates to get the alignment perfect? If so, which set of C&Cs would you recommend?

Users who are viewing this thread