Suspension Recommendations

Paul Vincent

Established Member
At 139,000 miles, the suspension on our '99 CSVT isn't what it used to be (driving thousands of miles on mountain roads the past six weeks made this clear). What suspension parts would you recommend that I replace (without going broke)? Thanks.

dpa43

Established Member
I would suggest the struts mainly. The SVT struts never lasted to long. I have 66,000 miles on my 99 and both rear struts and leaking. You could also get a suspesion kit thru BAT they have a spring & strut kit for 595.00 then you just have someone install it. Alot of people on CEG seem to like the kit. But with that kit it does lower the car 25mm.

Heres a link to their site.
http://www.batinc.net/contour.htm

captainoblivious

Slow Vehicles in Training
Established Member
My struts where in bad shape by 50k miles. I replaced them with them just the BAT struts. Really firmed up the ride, but don't look to struts to help with brake dive if thats a concern.

I really wanted to do the whole BAT kit, but the 25mm (1") drop was just to much for my area with an already low to the ground front bumper. Part of me regrets not doing the whole kit, but I know I would have scraped a lot had I done it.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
If your looking for a bit over improvement without a killer price go with the BAT kit.

Osiris_SVT

SVTHC
Established Member
I have the BAT european handling kit (struts & springs) along with the 21mm rear sway bar and urethane bushings. It feels so much better than stock. You just have to remember that your car is lower to the ground, thus watching out for big bumps/dips.

Last edited:

loudsvt

Established Member
i got a set of eibach lowering springs if just want to do that, i will sell them to you for 220 plus shipping, they are brand new in the box never used, pm me ifyou want them

Users who are viewing this thread