Suspension suggestions

spike_africa

Established Member
What is the goal of the car? street car, street/strip, 100% drag car running around on slicks and skinnys all the time, road course car, autox......

biohawk1

Established Member
What is the goal of the car? street car, street/strip, 100% drag car running around on slicks and skinnys all the time, road course car, autox......

Sorry I thought I had put that info in the post. my mistake.

I'm mainly a street cruiser with the odd dragstrip trip here and there. I'd like some good handling for the freeway runs as well. There are a few vettes and imports running around the Detroit area that need to know their place.

Adiabatik

Banned
Id start off with a complete prothane bushing kit and replace all of your 13 year-old bushings with new and better bushings

Last edited:

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
Sorry I thought I had put that info in the post. my mistake.

I'm mainly a street cruiser with the odd dragstrip trip here and there. I'd like some good handling for the freeway runs as well. There are a few vettes and imports running around the Detroit area that need to know their place.

It'll take a little more than 500rwhp to hang with some of the corvettes in the Detroit area.

Steeda upper/lower rear control arms, lowering springs, caster/camber plates, sway bars, tokico d spec or koni yellow shocks/struts and subframe connectors would be a good start.

blacksheep-1

Established Member
It'll take a little more than 500rwhp to hang with some of the corvettes in the Detroit area.

Steeda upper/lower rear control arms, lowering springs, caster/camber plates, sway bars, tokico d spec or koni yellow shocks/struts and subframe connectors would be a good start.

and 2x ball joints....

Aslow2v

Established Member
First thing is first tires, roll on drag radials. List: upper and lower control arms, subframe connectors, torque arm, SWARR axle support bar, good springs if not already, shocks/struts. Need to get the power to the ground.

Three21

Established Member
Minimum:
Tires, LCAs, weld-in subframe connectors, weld up your torque boxes.

Then springs/shocks, C/C plates, poly motor mounts, OEM replacement rubber tranny mount.

I have TeamZ double adjustable Uppers and Lowers, great quality, but you gotta keep those aluminum bushings oiled or they get hella noisy - probably wouldn't go with these bushings on a daily driver. I made my own subframe connectors.

Users who are viewing this thread