Suspension travel

PARTSDUDE

Established Member
I have a question for you guys.
I have a 2010 gt500, aftermarket wheels. 20 x 8.5 and 20 x 10. I am running 255/35 for the front and 295/35 for the rear. The offset is 40mm I believe. If I go with the frpp struts, shocks and lowering springs, what kind of suspension travel should I expect? I have approx 2.5 inches at all four corners with factory suspension. If lowered with the frpp, the drop should be approx 1.25 inches. Will I still have enough clearance?
Any thoughts??

OR

should I go with a coilover set up? That way I can control the drop and the dampening. The car is only going to used for the street.

1 bad bullitt

Do'in it in the dirt
Established Member
Vandenberg Air Force Base, California, United Stat
I have a question for you guys.
I have a 2010 gt500, aftermarket wheels. 20 x 8.5 and 20 x 10. I am running 255/35 for the front and 295/35 for the rear. The offset is 40mm I believe. If I go with the frpp struts, shocks and lowering springs, what kind of suspension travel should I expect? I have approx 2.5 inches at all four corners with factory suspension. If lowered with the frpp, the drop should be approx 1.25 inches. Will I still have enough clearance?
Any thoughts??

OR

should I go with a coilover set up? That way I can control the drop and the dampening. The car is only going to used for the street.
Posting pics of your 2010 with the wheels would be a great start!
(off the subject a bit)

PARTS DUDE

Banned
Does anybody have any ideas for me. Any running 20"wheels, and using the frpp shocks, struts and lowering springs? My tires size is 295/35 on the rear. How much clearance do you have in the wheel opening and do you hit at all over bumps?
Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

PARTSDUDE

Established Member
Good morning peoples. Can no one help me. Have I pissed off you guys?
I have been a member since 07. Sold my original 03 terminator in 08 and just got back into the game in october of this year when I purchased a 2010 gt500.
Maybe I am confusing people with my question.

Help plz

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
It may be because no one has actually measured suspension travel stock or with lowering springs.

I do know that with the griggs set up they can lower the car while still maintaining most of the suspension travel. If you dont know their set up is a torque arm bar in the rear and the kit comes with 4 adjustable koni coilovers. This kit is also providing the most grip from what I have seen. Starting at $3,600.

But again I do not have exact suspension travel figures for you.

Users who are viewing this thread