Suspension upgrade suggestions and opinions

TexasRoe

Devil Dog
Established Member
Just looking for suggestions/opinions on what route to go with Upper Lower Control arms and panhard bar. Currently only mods are Eibach pro-kit springs, resonater delete, airfilter, pretty much stock on stock tires. Eventually Im upgrading the supercharger and all the supporting mods at some point down the road after a trip across the pond. The car is typically a street car with very limited trips to the track. After installing the springs I really like they way that she handles with such as simple mod and Im sick of the wheel hop I get just on stock power. Ive done some research on here so I know whatever brand I go with I should get the relocation bracket for the LCA's since Im lowered. Also, Im a fan of DIY so if anyone has some gouge on that as well it would be appreciated.

fullboogie

Established Member
There are no fewer than three threads on this topic on the first page of this subforum - can't you read those instead of making another thread?

Sorry man, but this forum has gotten to be the same threads, day after day after day. Hardly worth it anymore, and it's frustrating.

Last edited:

TexasRoe

Devil Dog
Established Member
I can see where you are coming from brother. Truth be told all of us could probably just do a quick web search and get decent answers. I'm a noob to this site I'm I'm sure plenty of other dudes have similar questions. Or we could just google it and defeat the purpose of a forum. Maybe I'm missing something or the spirit of the forum?

jayames

Established Member
The wheel hop is terrible on these cars when the suspension is stock. I wanted to cure the hop but didnt wasnt any increased NVH. I went with the Roush upper control arm. Worked perfectly. No more hop and suspension sounds stock. I will eventually upgrade the lower control arms but now I can wait. Tob did a good writeup on the Roush upper. Good luck

Jay

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Another option, while more expensive, is the Griggs torque arm which is the route I went. Great handling and no wheel hop. Check out the Revan Racing forum.

www.2008GT500.blogspot.com
2013 TVS powered

TexasRoe

Devil Dog
Established Member
Another option, while more expensive, is the Griggs torque arm which is the route I went. Great handling and no wheel hop. Check out the Revan Racing forum.

Thanks for the link. I wasnt tracking on issues with the poly bushings with high torque outputs but now Im learned. great review.

TexasRoe

Devil Dog
Established Member
There are no fewer than three threads on this topic on the first page of this subforum - can't you read those instead of making another thread?

Sorry man, but this forum has gotten to be the same threads, day after day after day. Hardly worth it anymore, and it's frustrating.

You know what man, you were right. found some good gouge on here.

fullboogie

Established Member
You're a good man for fessing up. There's so much great information on this forum, and nearly every possible question has been asked - after all, these cars have been around since 2007.

That's all I meant with my post. Didn't mean to be pissy.

TexasRoe

Devil Dog
Established Member
The wheel hop is terrible on these cars when the suspension is stock. I wanted to cure the hop but didnt wasnt any increased NVH. I went with the Roush upper control arm. Worked perfectly. No more hop and suspension sounds stock. I will eventually upgrade the lower control arms but now I can wait. Tob did a good writeup on the Roush upper. Good luck

Jay

Thanks man. I just read Tob's write up and I think Im going that route. I was skeptical when I looked up product info on the Roush site which is minimal.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
The Roush arm just plain works. Is it the ultimate? No, a well done rod ended upper would give you more accuracy, would be bind free, and allow adjustment - all great if you like to drag race. The problem though is a hefty penalty to be paid for in the form of increased NVH.

The upper is critical and direct path into the cabin in terms of noise transference. Choosing carefully here can make a world of difference.

TexasRoe

Devil Dog
Established Member
The Roush arm just plain works. Is it the ultimate? No, a well done rod ended upper would give you more accuracy, would be bind free, and allow adjustment - all great if you like to drag race. The problem though is a hefty penalty to be paid for in the form of increased NVH.

The upper is critical and direct path into the cabin in terms of noise transference. Choosing carefully here can make a world of difference.

Thanks Tob. Ill be doing minimal no drag racing, just the occasional street pull or day at the track so Im not willing to comprimise with NVH. I do have a question. I noticed when you initially installed you were on stock springs. It looks like from you signature you are now on lowered springs. Did you have to install the LCA relocation brackets on your MM LCA's? If so which ones?

Roe

99cobraUgotbit

GT500
Established Member

Yes a lot of suspension threads. But like the op stated, he's a noob! If your frustrated and not worth it anymore then quit wasting your precious time here. :bash::cuss:
Same answer as you'll find on Google. Which is where you should have started.
Another post from you answering about the difference between 5.4/5.8 this was a question NOT asked a million times and here you got frustrated again. The OP has it right. NO SENSE in googling when you can come to the forum and ask question that relate to his current build. :shrug:

I can see where you are coming from brother. Truth be told all of us could probably just do a quick web search and get decent answers. I'm a noob to this site I'm I'm sure plenty of other dudes have similar questions. Or we could just google it and defeat the purpose of a forum. Maybe I'm missing something or the spirit of the forum?

Amen! Agree 100%

fullboogie

Established Member
Amen! Agree 100%

If you "Amen! Agree 100%" to the OP's admission that he should have searched before starting a new thread, then we are in agreement. Stop being a nanny.:poke:

Perhaps I see a way to improve the forum that you are ignoring. Ever think of that?

Users who are viewing this thread