Suspension Work 04 SY Cobra

mattyslice

Established Member
Putting some work in on my new Cobra. New lower control arms, struts, and strut mounts. Any advice appreciated. First thing I have done to her!
Cobra 2.JPG

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Why new control arms? I'd just replace the bushings. Struts I'd go Bilstein HD's or send yours to them to be upgraded. Throw some MM CC plates on it with some lowering springs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mattyslice

Established Member
Thanks sir. I think the guy before me threw the car in the ditch. Went to get it aligned to put on my AFS 18s and it needed some work. Trying to do it myself. Thanks for the advice. Has Steeda lowering springs on it.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Thanks sir. I think the guy before me threw the car in the ditch. Went to get it aligned to put on my AFS 18s and it needed some work. Trying to do it myself. Thanks for the advice. Has Steeda lowering springs on it.

If the arms are not bent I'd replace the bushings with poly. New Ball joints while your in there. Are the tie rods bent?

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I wanna say the 03-04 Cobra A-Arms are beefier I'd look for a set of those man.

mattyslice

Established Member
Thanks guys. Do you think my control arms are fine but just need to replace the bushings? They look fine to me but I am far from an expert.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Thanks guys. Do you think my control arms are fine but just need to replace the bushings? They look fine to me but I am far from an expert.

I wouldn't know without looking at them. Pull them then take them to a trusted shop and have the bushings pressed in if it checks out.

mustangmike02

SVTless
Established Member

mustangmike02

SVTless
Established Member
Goal = Fast weekend cruiser. Won't ever drag it or track it. I would love to track it but only 1-2 a year if that.

I wouldn't bother with aftermarket arms then but that's just my 2cents. If they aren't damaged or bent I think bushings would go a long way. But it's your car so do some research and if arms is within your budget and have good reviews then make it happen sir!

mattyslice

Established Member
I wouldn't bother with aftermarket arms then but that's just my 2cents. If they aren't damaged or bent I think bushings would go a long way. But it's your car so do some research and if arms is within your budget and have good reviews then make it happen sir!

Thanks sir. Any recs on tubular a-arms that would work without k-member/coil overs?

Users who are viewing this thread