Suspension?

SB Lightning

Young Buck
Established Member
K guys, I'm sick of the way my truck rides on the street and want to get some shocks or something to make the ride better and to lower it just a bit.

What do you guys recommend? The cheapest way, also please :rolling:

CHUXSVT

HELL YEAH I STREET RACE!
Established Member
i have a belltech lowering kit with qa1 12 way adjustable shocks in the rear stock shocks up front, rides smooth. i love it.

SWThomas

El Cazador
Established Member
Some drop shackles and QA1's would definitely improve the ride. You would be lower in the rear and you would be able to dial in the comfort you want in the shocks.

simshahh

Party2Go
Established Member
let the air out of ur tires to about 10 psi. it will make it lower (about 3mm) and it will be so smooth!!!

unclesams_svt

B.O.H.I.C.A
Established Member
Ford racing kit, it is cheap ($160) and will lower your truck and make it handle alot better. It does ride a little stiffer at first but now it is smoothing out some :-D

This pic was before I droppied the rear down to the last hole on the rear shackles so it sits about 1" lower now.

Here is a pic of my 01 with the FRPP kit on

Picture+020.jpg

SB Lightning

Young Buck
Established Member
slosvt said:
Whats worng with the way it rides and what do you plan on doing with your truck?
You can feel every vibration in the road. I haven't checked the tire pressure lately but I checked it a while ago when it was riding rough and it was fine. So i'm hoping some suspension work will do it. I don't plan on racing it at all or anything soon, but I want it to handle better and drop a bit but with a better ride quality.

86strokerlx

Ford dreamer
Established Member
SB Lightning said:
You can feel every vibration in the road. I haven't checked the tire pressure lately but I checked it a while ago when it was riding rough and it was fine. So i'm hoping some suspension work will do it. I don't plan on racing it at all or anything soon, but I want it to handle better and drop a bit but with a better ride quality.

If you're looking to smooth out the ride quality, go with some adjustable shocks like QA1 and you can dial them down to be more comfortable for daily work and if you want to hit some twistys on the weekend, just turn them babies up! Mike

OH-MAN

Established Member
Beware if you lower it much with springs do not expect it to become smooth ridding. When you shorten the travel most kits increase stiffness. If they don't the suspension will be hitting the bump stops a lot.
Decide on the height you want it to sit. Then the type of ride you want. If you want it to handel better I recomend the Hotchkiss TVS. It is stiffer so be advised.
Qa1s are a good way to fine tune the ride. They will not change the stiffness of the springs.
Lots of things to consider.
Is your suspension stock now? How many miles on your tires, shocks,ect/

Users who are viewing this thread