Suspension????

MineralGrey

Established Member
hey guys tranny is blown in the Cobra so it wont be back out till next season so now Im gonna have to put some stuff into it before it comes back out. i have an 01 cobra with an 03 solid axle in it. Can you guys lead me to some good suspension kits for our cars? i have lowering springs already but if the kit comes with some thats ok

kxt

atomic number 30
Established Member
check maximum motorsports torque arm setup.

ex-PJs snake

That Others May Live
Established Member
If you go with a torque arm setup, you might want to seriously consider adding a Panhard rod.

Not trying to advertise this, but please consider the technical information the article does relay:
The .... torque arm kit is designed to correct geometry and eliminate non-linear tire loading. This arm is solidly attached to the rear axle housing on one end and connects to a point just below the center of gravity on the chassis at the arm's other end. Working in conjunction with the torque arm is a Panhard rod that takes the place of the factory upper control arms. By using a Panhard with the torque arm, rear roll bind is completely eliminated (along with the control arm bushing compression phenomenon we mentioned), while lateral axle location is maintained.
http://www.mustangworks.com/articles/suspension/GR40Suspension.html

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread