Suspension

2000 gt

Established Member
Been looking into getting my suspension track ready front of the car has tubular k member. Coil overs and caster camber plates. My question is what do I need to do in the rear to get that car to squat and get down the track right. I know just slicks aren't gunna do the trick. Am I looking at shorting the rear? Any tips are nice

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
It's all about weight transfer. Get the battery in the trunk and adjust your front suspension to recoil quickly. Why wouldn't slicks cut it? I'd also stiffen the chassis as much as possible too. FLSFCs, rear shock tower brace, roll bar.

2000 gt

Established Member
yea thankyou im lookin to just get that car to squat good i got the power but besides my front suspension and frame connectors the rear suspension is stock

2000 gt

Established Member
as far as rear upper and lower control arms which companies and websites should i be looking at i think with control arms and the right springs in the back with the battery relocated i should be good?

01yellercobra

Established Member
It's all about weight transfer. Get the battery in the trunk and adjust your front suspension to recoil quickly. Why wouldn't slicks cut it? I'd also stiffen the chassis as much as possible too. FLSFCs, rear shock tower brace, roll bar.

He said just slicks. So he knows he needs more than just a sticky tire.

Top Fuel Friday

Dang!
Established Member
as far as rear upper and lower control arms which companies and websites should i be looking at i think with control arms and the right springs in the back with the battery relocated i should be good?

Really depends here. If you know a good suspension shop, or you can do the math from the article I posted I'd get some solid-adjustable uppers and lowers. It will allow you to set up your suspension just right.

You can always box your existing control arms, that makes them really strong and is pretty much what some of the Ford Racing equipment is. You can also find a good tubular setup from a number of vendors on the net. Just make sure that you match your uppers and lowers if they are designed to work as a pair.

Users who are viewing this thread