SVE Drift Center Cap Question

zw470

Established Member
Can anybody say for sure whether or not any OE Mustang center caps fit the SVE Drifts? Specifically looking at the Tri-Bars... I've seen some say that you have to modify both caps and glue the pieces together, and I've seen some say the OE caps fit just fine. I'd be willing to modify the caps if it's the only way but I'd much rather be able to just pop the OE caps in and call it a day.

stang99x

Old Fox
Established Member
The sizes should be readily available with a little google search. I have American Muscle GT500 2010 style wheels with SVT caps. 2.5" I think mine were

zw470

Established Member
I stumbled upon some M1096A caps on Amazon for $15/ea, that's about half what they go for anywhere else so I snatched them up. I also found several more instances of people using various OE caps on Drifts so I'm pretty confident it will work. They'll be here tomorrow so I'll know for sure soon enough.

zw470

Established Member
New caps showed up yesterday. They look great but for some reason I was expecting them to be metal and not plastic. They almost fit perfectly. The diameter is spot-on and they're nice and tight. The only issue is about 6 ribs on the perimeter of the back of the caps. They're about 1/16" tall and prevent the cap from sitting flush with the wheel. I figure once I get them sanded off the caps should be good to go.

zw470

Established Member
Easy as eating pancakes...

20150923_192257_zpsnfxuhqiy.jpg

'03GTinFLA

Established Member
Is that dark chrome or hyper black or whatever it's called. My car came with 18" matte black and I want 19" black chrome so bad. But yeah stock caps can fit with a little work.
photo2_zps8f5958d0.jpg
g

zw470

Established Member
Dark Stainless, yeah. The box has a 2nd label on it that says Hyper Black, then another that says Dark Stain I think. Not sure why, the damn things are pretty much just straight up gunmetal :??:

Users who are viewing this thread