Sve Drifts and Bridgestone Potenza re-11's

BigMackCoyote

I have a Boost Leak!
Established Member
I went ahead and bought them. I hope they hook a lot better than these 245 pirellis haha. I just want to be at 25mph and go wot with minimal spin without having dr's.

Bluebolt

Hold my beer n watch this
Established Member
The Lightning came with 295/45/18 on stock 9.5 inch wheels. I don't understand why people say these things. It fits great, looks great, and works just fine.

Griever423

Established Member
The Lightning came with 295/45/18 on stock 9.5 inch wheels. I don't understand why people say these things. It fits great, looks great, and works just fine.

The issue you run into is the sidewall and how stiff it is. It's detrimental to handling as the sidewall will feel soft and "mushy" when you corner and the rear end will feel much more loose that if you had a wider wheel.

Now, if you're just cruising on the street then sure, yeah looks great and fits no need to worry about it.

Griever423

Established Member
Or straight line racing... not a lot of us spend a whole lot of time on a road course.

Point taken. I still like to take some corners around where I live faster than I should. I just like tossing the car around I guess, but you're right. I go to a road course maybe 2-3 times a year mixed with a few auto crosses so yeah I can see where it wouldn't matter THAT much.

Bluebolt

Hold my beer n watch this
Established Member
The issue you run into is the sidewall and how stiff it is. It's detrimental to handling as the sidewall will feel soft and "mushy" when you corner and the rear end will feel much more loose that if you had a wider wheel.

Now, if you're just cruising on the street then sure, yeah looks great and fits no need to worry about it.

I agree with that. :beer:

bad2000z

Established Member
I was wondering if 285's would fit on the front without rubbing.. 285's are closer to factory tire height than 275's, but obviously they're a bit wider too.

Bouttime09

Oh, it's not 5.0?
Established Member
I was wondering if 285's would fit on the front without rubbing.. 285's are closer to factory tire height than 275's, but obviously they're a bit wider too.

Those are the widths... what height are you planning on running?

Users who are viewing this thread