sve/lmr hood vent fitment

cpthowdy87

Established Member
bought a pair of lmr hood vents, and noticed the fitment issues with these vents.
Those who have them on their cobras, how do you get them to fit? dremel, filing,or?

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Mine weren't even close. I had to go to town with my Dremmel. I suggest doing it slowly and on a low stress day. I did mine while I was trying to get the car ready for a big meet and rushed it a little. You can't tell at all with the vents in, but it's not as clean as I would have liked. Cover your engine with a sheet and use a decent mask, your going to have fiberglass dust all over.

cpthowdy87

Established Member
Mine weren't even close. I had to go to town with my Dremmel. I suggest doing it slowly and on a low stress day. I did mine while I was trying to get the car ready for a big meet and rushed it a little. You can't tell at all with the vents in, but it's not as clean as I would have liked. Cover your engine with a sheet and use a decent mask, your going to have fiberglass dust all over.

thanks for the info.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
thanks for the info.

Forgot my best piece of advice that I didn't think to do until working on the second one - use some cardboard or something similar and make a template of the bottom part of the vent. That way you can use it to test fit as you go so you know where to remove material and you will only remove as much as you need. If you use the vent to keep testing fitting, you can't see exactly where it's hanging up because the top of the vent is larger than the bottom part that drops into the opening in the hood. The template needs to be as exact as possible.

bssmith1220

Established Member
I taped the openings on the top of the hood, and filed my openings down with sandpaper. I was scared to use a dremel. It was slow going but still only took about two hours total.

Users who are viewing this thread