svft problems

lightning1focus

Established Member
hey i have an 02 svtf and i am not getting any spark on cylinders 2 and 3 and i have replaced the coil and the pulg wires and plugs are good. and i keep getting a code for egnition primary circuit and i need to know if it has a Egnition module and if so does anyone know the part number.

HTPerformance

Hey i have been getting the same code and just found the solution.

Check the connector at your ignition coil. The wires on mine had worn down and I was getting some arching and one wire even had only 2 strands of copper connected.

I can get you the part # for the repair kit if this is indeed your problem.

The repair kit comes with the new connector with wire leads, butt wire crimps and heat shrink tubing. $31 is what i paid at the dealership.

If you need a coil, I had already replaced mine with aftermarket, so I have a spare along with 2 sets of wires (1 stock, and 1 Nology Hotwires).

Lemme know what you need.

lightning1focus

Established Member
thanks, how far back on the harness do you have to go and was the car only firing on 2 cylinders or was it getting cross talk between the two wires?
the car is running but there it isnt getting fire on cylinders 2 and 3. i replaced the coil pack already.

HTPerformance

Look directly at the coil connector, mine was worn off right there. I'd get only 2 cylinders or i'd have arching between the wires and it would run ok.

lightning1focus

Established Member
ok i will check it there thanks alot
yeah the car runs it sounds fine then when you push the gas in it slowly accels and it sounds like its missing. hopefully that will fix it. thanks

lightning1focus

Established Member
Part Number?

hey htperformance! i looked at the car last night and that is what is wrong one of the wires is not connected and one is only hanging on by 2 wires. so if you can get me that part number i can get her running again... thanks for all your help. HOW MUCH DO YOU WANT FOR THE Nology HotwireS?

Last edited:

HTPerformance

For anyone else future reference, the part number for the Coil Connector repair kit is:

Wiring Pigtail Kit

WPT-517
3U2Z-14S411-TNA

PM'd you about the Nology wires.

Anaxagoras1986

Established Member
HTPerformance said:
Hey i have been getting the same code and just found the solution.

Check the connector at your ignition coil. The wires on mine had worn down and I was getting some arching and one wire even had only 2 strands of copper connected.

I can get you the part # for the repair kit if this is indeed your problem.

The repair kit comes with the new connector with wire leads, butt wire crimps and heat shrink tubing. $31 is what i paid at the dealership.

If you need a coil, I had already replaced mine with aftermarket, so I have a spare along with 2 sets of wires (1 stock, and 1 Nology Hotwires).

Lemme know what you need.

Happened to me too. The Wires (three of them) running into the plug for the coil are really crappy and mine broke. I replaced the pig tail and I was good to go.

Users who are viewing this thread