SVO Side Exhaust Questions

Mhissticobra

Established Member
Just picked up a brand new SVO side exhaust setup, skirts and exhaust. Problem is there isn't any mounting hardware or instructions. For those that have this setup, how did you mount the side skirts?

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
i saw somewhere that your suppose to use screws. there are a couple of people with side exhaust. they will help clear this up. i'm interested to know how much and where you got the kit also.

Mhissticobra

Established Member
I found the whole kit on craiglist. I know that these haven't been made for a while so I was surprised to see a complete brand new set. The guy I bought it from bought it for his 2000 mustang. I'm not sure it fits 99+ mustangs. I don't think the guy knew exactly what he had for sale......pretty evident from how much I paid for it - $450

Last edited:

TripleBlack

FIFAchamp
Established Member

That's for the wrong year!

I think that if you bought everything BRAND new then that was a good price that you paid. I've seen used kits with cracked skirts go for $350+

My friend (he owns his own body shop) did the install for me. I bought two sets of svo skirts and they were both brand new, but my borla exhaust was used.

My buddy used 3m automotive tape along the top edge where it sticks to the car and used screws on the front and back parts where they tuck into the wheel wells. Then along the bottom of the car he fabbed up some 'L' brackets and used about 6 (maybe more I don't remember) of them on each side to secure the skirt firmly to the car.

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
$452.75 just so I can have a back up set. :coolman:

And then I'll sell the exhaust for $450 without the skirts. :dancenana:

i hate you. i will have side exhaust one day. right after i quit buying other shit for my car. $454.take that FI Cobra. :kaboom:

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
i hate you. i will have side exhaust one day. right after i quit buying other shit for my car. $454.take that FI Cobra. :kaboom:

When I put the IRS in my exhaust will look sexier anyway:D OP try contacting FRPP they might be able to help you out on the installation guide.

95gtpa

Established Member
actually the kit on the top when you click on the link is a spintech side exhaust kit for years....86-04.....just letting you know......the kit under it is the 99-04 kit only

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
My buddy used 3m automotive tape along the top edge where it sticks to the car and used screws on the front and back parts where they tuck into the wheel wells. Then along the bottom of the car he fabbed up some 'L' brackets and used about 6 (maybe more I don't remember) of them on each side to secure the skirt firmly to the car.

I put a set on my 95 conv years ago and sent it back.

The skirts use screws on the ends and tape on the side. There is no support along the bottom edge but I like the idea of L brackets.

Two things I didn't like:

1) It was 2.25" pipe and not 2.5" which is what CDC used back then.
2) The routing made it really difficult to run subframe connectors.

Tom

Mhissticobra

Established Member
Thanks for the advice everybody and I'm sorry but they are not for sale.......well for the right price then they are for sale ;-) I'm going to try calling FRPP and/or Borla to see if I can get .pdf instructions. It will be a little while before these go on, I have a nice list of items that will be going in for paint all at the same time. Besides, I still have a foot of snow outside:nonono:

MOmystic

WashMOmystic
Established Member
I was also thinking of doing this to my mystic. There has been a couple sets for sale here locally in good shape but I heard that you cant run subframe connectors with this setup and that is the only thing holding me back. This true??

Mhissticobra

Established Member
Yes I believe you cannot run subframes with these. I'm ok with that because those were really never on my to-do list. I have read that subframes are beneficial but they are just something I never really thought about doing to my car.

Users who are viewing this thread