SVT Atlanta GTG

2003svtf150

Sledge
Established Member
In March we had our first GTG at The Varsity in Atlanta. We had some good sponsorship who were very generous to provide us with over $1000 dollars worth of products and gift certificates to give away. We also provided a photoshoot with a professional photographer at the Oakland Cemetery by the state capitol in Atlanta, vouchers for food, snacks and drinks throughout the event, and a show'n'shine contest. It went exceptionally well and received alot of good feedback.

We are completely NON-PROFIT!!! Any money taken in by SVT Atlanta goes into expenditures for the current event and towards the next event. Attendance to the event is free, and its your choice to pay and participate in the features of the event. For this last event we only charged $15 and it included a meal voucher, snacks and drinks, the photoshoot, entry into show'n'shine, and a couple free raffle tickets to be used for the promotional items from the sponsors.

It was started through the Lightning and Harley Davidson community, but we want to include all specialty Ford vehicles. We even had a Pontiac GTO show up at the last event and took 2nd place in the show'n'shine!

This next event will occur at Silver Dollar Raceway in Reynolds, Georgia. If we can have enough people register, we will be able to rent the track and not have to deal with the mess of a test'n'tune or long lines in the lanes. We will again have sponsors and will be giving away gift certificates, rebates, and products for the more prominent SVT vehicles... Cobras, Machs, Lightnings, Harley Davidsons, GT500s, and yes even Mustang GTs. We are looking at having some bracket racing where there will be cash prizes.

Track rentals are pretty expensive ($1500) so the more we can get involved, the less it will cost each person to register, and the more we can provide to everyone who attends.

So for anyone who would like to participate in an event such as this... make some noise and post up below. We want to get alot of people involved from the different forums and even some from across state lines if possible.

Here is a link to the pictures from our last event and the prizes we were able to give away. CLICK HERE

All questions or comments are welcome. Thanks!!

--Matt

:banana:

2003svtf150

Sledge
Established Member
Count me in Matt, even if we only get 15 people it's worth it IMO.

I knew I can count on you Bob :rockon:

I might make a few but Silver dollar is too far away for me.

We change the venue each time so that guys that are more south or north can make the meets. The "circuit" so to speak will probably revolve around Commerce, Silver Dollar, SGMP, and anyplace in between. Its voted on, so the masses can decide where they want it next.

2003svtf150

Sledge
Established Member
Its tentative for the end of September. Nothing solid as of yet because I'm still trying to get ahold of the track.

I'll be sure to post up any information as it becomes available.

Users who are viewing this thread