SVT Decetives

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
Tough situation. If i was the father of a daughter who was in this situation, I don't care what age she was, i would find the guys address and personally pay the guy a friendly visit. Just to alert him to cease a desist. If not, things will absolutely take a turn down a road he won't want to go down. Then just walk away.

If it happens again, THEN file a police report, get everything on record, and get a restraining order. In the meantime, as previously mentioned, make sure she knows how to shoot and has some sort of protection on her. At the very least mace or a taser if it's legal in your state.

A guy in his 50s praying on a teenager is some very creepy stuff, and who knows in todays times how far he'll take this.

Fastback

Baker
Established Member
Premium Member
I get it. I am saying that in this instance, such a request would be inappropriate.

If I am wrong, then by all means, ask the OP for pics; see if he finds it funny.
It's from a long time ago on svtp, everyone was doing it to everyone here. I laughed, I remember.

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
In matters like this, avoid the police, and obviously violence, they are a waste of time. What you need to do is speak to an Attorney to get this in court. This should cost between $500-$800, start to finish.

In my State, it is a Third Degree Misdemeanor of Harrassment, to REPETATIVELY, send unsolicited anonymous communication. What the Attorney would do, in my State, is file a Private Complaint, at the Magesterial Court, who would kick it over to the DA's office. They will either approve or disapprove. The 50 year old guy will get a citation, and notice of a trial date via registered mail. In court, your Attorney will put your daughter on the stand, take testimony, and submit evidence. At best, he will be found guilty, and given a modest fine ($50-$200), 6 month probation.

The judge, and this has happened to me before, gives everybody a break their first time around. So the judge might rule not guilty, or dismiss the case, but give the old guy a firm warning to stop, and the old "I better not see you again." speech. Don't feel disappointed if this happens, even if you are 100% right most magisterial judges extend compassion for first-time offenders. You are basically paying for a warning from a judge to prohibit him from interacting in this manner. You cannot get a restraining order or PFA order, because your daughter and he, are not related to each other.

Some of the main reasons why I say avoid the police route, is they really won't give a damn about something like this. If they visit the old man, and he refuses to open the door and talk to them, there is nothing they can do. If he does talk to them, and admits to doing it, that's another story.

If you are sincere about wanting a solution, I would go the attorney route first. In "trivial" issues, and I am not downplaying this is trivial as it is very important to you, and he is criminally harassing your daughter, but in the eyes of the police, they're just not going to get involved and you will end up being frustrated.

Go speak to an attorney, the initial consultation is free, and you will get better results! That has been my experience.

Users who are viewing this thread