SVT documents??

GNasty

Established Member
I have a question. I have been so excited about actually getting the car, I forgot to ask the dealer about the SVT documents and certificate. The only thing I received was the window sticker and owners manual. Are these other items mailed to you from Ford? I assumed they were, but thought I would ask the pro's.

<----------- SVT new-b

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
Yes on average about 3 months after production stopped you get a letter stating authenticity of build # certificate SP? ours was a little longer than average about the start of January when Lightning 02 was over in start of August.

GNasty

Established Member
You have a deal. I guess I just have to sit back and wait patiently now???? Is there any other way to find out what your build number and date are? All that I know is that the production date was 04/03. Sorry if these are stupid questions.

Thanks,
Kyle

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
There is a way call 1-800-FORD-SVT have your VIN# handy they might have the info but with the Cobra still in production its a long shot I would just wait as some people say SVT charges for this service as all that they tell you is on the CERT. the CERT. tells you your # out of how many SVT made in that model year kind of like in my sig. Where it was assembled and on what date. I hate it when people trade or sell a SVT without the CERT as it somewhat diminishes SP? the experiance and exclusivity of owning these vehicles. Hope I've answered most of your questions and Enjoy your day:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

GNasty

Established Member
:beer: Thank you Sir, you answered all of my questions. You are a good man.

I appreciate the help, and take care!

Kyle

Users who are viewing this thread