SVT Focus is Gone

quik cobra

Established Member
Well it was fun while it lasted.
Its official. As of 2004 the SVTF is gone. They will stop production due to unimpressive sales numbers.

There are rumors that the SVT program all together will be brought to an end in favor a Shelby product line that ford has been looking into bringing back. Dont have too many details but will update when i can

~~BLKSVTFOCUS02~~

Primaris

Established Member
Sorry, but this is old news. There are no '05 SVT's of any type. I've heard rumors that there may not be an SVT again period, but again this is just rumors.

FreeFlowSVT

Lover Of Burned Rubber
Established Member
Well from what i'v heard from the dealer i work at it's the last year for SVT.

Yes it's sad, but then again some of these new cars they have coming out are sick.

cincySVTfocus

Established Member
SVT is on "hiatus" from the 2005 Mdel year. they want to up the line and make it more high end, hence good bye SVTF.

look for more hop up parts from SVT and or Ford Racing from Ford in England though that will be aimed at the USA SVTF!

quivvy

Whaaaaack.....
Established Member
ill be sad to see SVTF go, but even sadder to see the whole SVT line gone? Why would they do this? to bring back a shelby line would be sweet. but hell do both!:beer: when will we know?

quik cobra

Established Member
Can't tell when we will know for sure. As you heard the rumor has been around for a while but it has been a rumor. The decision to dump the SVTF is final and it will be gone. The SVT all together though is just a rumor. As you can tell cause they are still spreading rumors about the 2005-06 SVT cobra with 600 HP which i'm not really gonna hold my breathe for. I'm pretty sure it is something everyone will find out about at the same time. SVT is too big a line with Ford for this to be a small story. If the line gets dropped im pretty sure their will be a large announcement about it.:mj: :cuss: :shrug: :nono:

ORANGECRATE

Established Member
i hate to say it but i guess the neon srt won this battle. i just hope the aftermarket company's will still make part's for the svt focus.

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
Heh, dont forget the 05 escape now has an intelligent awd system for 05 that works with manual transmission duratec 23's. It can distribute up to 90% of the torque to the rear wheels if needed. The Duratec is also much more responsive to boost and is more robust overall.

Dont be surprised if they use the driveshaft tunnel that all Foci have now in the next 2 years;-)

Users who are viewing this thread