SVT Focus Limits.....

KwikSilvr

Established Member
Hello, not new to the modding world, but I have been thinking about the SVT Focus alot lately and have a couple questions...

I have been reading through the threads, and have a somewhat of an understanding....

There really aren't some awesome bolt ons other than a super charger or a turbo kit or nitrous...

stock internals are good to about 300-320 with a good tune?

the clutch master is prone to going bad? is it an internal or external master?

whats up with the flywheels and clutch replacements?

what kind of power does it take to be low 12's in the 1/4 mile?

what year is best? i know 04 would have most the kinks worked out, but are there any advantages with going with an 02-03 year?

thanks...

VenomRogue

Focus > Mustang
Established Member
Hello, not new to the modding world, but I have been thinking about the SVT Focus alot lately and have a couple questions...

I have been reading through the threads, and have a somewhat of an understanding....

There really aren't some awesome bolt ons other than a super charger or a turbo kit or nitrous...

stock internals are good to about 300-320 with a good tune?

the clutch master is prone to going bad? is it an internal or external master?

whats up with the flywheels and clutch replacements?

what kind of power does it take to be low 12's in the 1/4 mile?

what year is best? i know 04 would have most the kinks worked out, but are there any advantages with going with an 02-03 year?

thanks...

only bolt ons worth doing, that arent forced induction, are an off-road pipe, throttle body and a tune. anything else is pretty much a waste.

you can get 350 whp out of a stock SVT motor, i belive the record is 367'ish before it went pop.

clutch and flywheel must be replaced together, due to a redesign and discontinuation of a ford flywheel.

clutchmaster stage 3 with flywheel is what I would recommend.

low 12's would require a nice turbo setup, along with proper suspension and drivetrain mods (ie: clutch/flywheel, torsen or quaife diff, slicks, etc...)

We have a guy here in texas that runs mid 12's on 270 whp.

02-03 had issues with the clutch, but most were taken care of by Ford.

I have a 2002 SVT for sale, with 27k miles, and a warranty.......if your interested.

VenomRogue

Focus > Mustang
Established Member
7k with the warranty.

6500 without the warranty (i will just cash in the remainder of it)

and I would be willing to meet you half way.

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
My stock motor popped at 331whp, I'm at around 400whp now with a built motor, and 12's are not a proplem. low 12s is gonna need boost for sure. A tune is a must on a stocker, the factory has so much on reserve. Really wakes it up. Other then that, like said above, very few bolt ons actually do anything with out boost. Never had a problem with CM Stage 3 clutch and flywheel. Stock clutch went at 10k with 10lbs boost. A bit of boost on these cars really love a 50 shot.

Users who are viewing this thread