Svt Focus Vs. Audi 04' S4

svteric

IMPORT KILLER!!!
Established Member
I have a buddy of mine named john that has a standard 04 S4 with full exhaust that his daddy bought him!! LUCKY PUNK!!!! Well I wanted to race my buddy from a roll because you guys know he would take me from a dig. So when he got off of work we went for it! We went from a 40-135 and I had him by 4 cars! The second race was from 0-130 and he won my a fender!!! :cuss: !! He shut down the second race a little early because he new i was going to pass him up! I promise you next time I will record it when I have someone to film it!

bmfgsxr

Established Member
the v8 with a full exhaust and a tune (not sure if this guy had a tune or not) can run pretty good, but like others have said its the tt s4's that can be nasty with mods.

primetime

Established Member
I have a buddy of mine named john that has a standard 04 S4 with full exhaust that his daddy bought him!! LUCKY PUNK!!!! Well I wanted to race my buddy from a roll because you guys know he would take me from a dig. So when he got off of work we went for it! We went from a 40-135 and I had him by 4 cars! The second race was from 0-130 and he won my a fender!!! :cuss: !! He shut down the second race a little early because he new i was going to pass him up! I promise you next time I will record it when I have someone to film it!

Nice runs! What does your car run at the track? later Ron

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
On which car? The V-8 in the S-4 is a NA 4.2L at with a 12:1 compression ratio. Isn't it?

Should have clarified- I was speaking of the Audi's potential on their turboed cars.

I don't know the exact CR but I'm pretty sure it's not that high. The NA 4.2 is nice but it's not exactly going to give you blinding performance either. The n/a 4.2 is used in both the A and S platforms- basically the same engine but with the S series getting better brakes, suspension, exhaust etc. Again- no slouch but no barn burner either. If you want the "mod friendly" platform the Turbo 6's and 4's have many many more options available than the NA 4.2.

Last edited:

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Should have clarified- I was speaking of the Audi's potential on their turboed cars.

I don't know the exact CR but I'm pretty sure it's not that high. The NA 4.2 is nice but it's not exactly going to give you blinding performance either. The n/a 4.2 is used in both the A and S platforms- basically the same engine but with the S series getting better brakes, suspension, exhaust etc. Again- no slouch but no barn burner either. If you want the "mod friendly" platform the Turbo 6's and 4's have many many more options available than the NA 4.2.

I am pretty sure the CR is 12:1 on the new 4.2 V-8 and I was curious since I knew of no turbo V-8 offered by them. I am looking at getting the S5 and have about every document available from Audi. All in German but some info is still useful. I was hoping to get the S5 with RS4 HP (420).

Last edited by a moderator:

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
I am pretty sure the CR is 12:1 on the new 4.2 V-8 and I was curious since I knew of no turbo V-8 offered by them. I am looking at getting the S5 and have about every document available from Audi. All in German but some info is still useful. I was hoping to get the S5 with RS4 HP (420).

They offer a Turboed V10 in the RS6....there is also a killer Lysholm Twin Scew SC kit for the NA 4.2's. ...only problem is the kit alone is 11k- on the other hand it nearly doubles the hp.

I sat in an S5 @ the dealership....they only had one and it was in the show room so no test drive, but damn that thing is friggen SWEET. But with Hawaii prices on the Audi's I can get a C5Z06 and have some change leftover for mods.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
They offer a Turboed V10 in the RS6....there is also a killer Lysholm Twin Scew SC kit for the NA 4.2's. ...only problem is the kit alone is 11k- on the other hand it nearly doubles the hp.

I sat in an S5 @ the dealership....they only had one and it was in the show room so no test drive, but damn that thing is friggen SWEET. But with Hawaii prices on the Audi's I can get a C5Z06 and have some change leftover for mods.
I was talking about a stock V-8 series like I thought your earlier post said, sorry I didn't make that more clear. I am in Germany and going through the military sales program. It will cost 47-50K or so. The dealers are doing an annual meeting at Garmisch (near Austria) and get back on the 20th of Jan. I will decide based on build forecast and if I put my money down the price is locked in and guaranteed not to go up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stack

Established Member

Huh?? When did the RS6 come with a turbo v10????? Last time I drove one here in Germany it was a TT 4.2 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audi_RS6

hmmmmm

Fourcam330

Established Member
The older 4.2s don't have DI or 12:1 C/R, the new ones do. Good luck putting FI on that motor.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Huh?? When did the RS6 come with a turbo v10????? Last time I drove one here in Germany it was a TT 4.2 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audi_RS6

hmmmmm

RIF= reading is fundamental:

Links to RS6 info....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audi_RS6
http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/cars/audi_rs6.asp

This is an excerpt of what the 08 RS6 is supposed to be:

A second generation RS6 was launched at the Frankfurt Autoshow in September 2007, which positions the car ahead of its main competitors, the BMW M5 and the Mercedes E63 AMG in terms of horsepower and torque.

Initially the new RS6 will only come as a five-door Avant version and be powered by a twin-turbocharged 5.2-litre V10 with FSI. The engine produces 580 bhp at 6,250 to 6,700 RPM and 650 Nm (~482 ft·lbf) torque from 1,500 to 6,250 RPM.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread