svt focus's are'nt that fast

Lightning4130

Established Member
i gotta ex friend gotta 02 svt and it has 75 horse nos and i still beat him

i give mad props to u that have fast ones but this kids a anus

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
What are the 'Few motor mods...' you mention on your homepage? Do you know your SAE RWHP? Just want to know what it takes to beat a juiced '02 Focus...

AZ SVT

Established Member
Originally posted by Lightning4130 i gotta ex friend gotta 02 svt and it has 75 horse nos and i still beat him
Pretty impressive. Where do you find an Autox with mostly long straights? I wouldn't have thought you had a chance since the SVTF is faster than a Z06 in the slalom. I know you aren't talking about drag racing; why would anyone drag race a Lighnting or an SVTF? If I wanted to go semi-fast in a straight line, I'd borrow my wife's 10 second bone stock Yamaha. Always use the right tool for the job. ;)

Lightning4130

Established Member
my rwhp is 323.9 and rwtq is 409.9

i did'nt beat him in auto x he'd stomp me handling wise i beat him drag racing

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
> ex friend gotta 02 svt and it has 75 horse nos

NOS, eh? SVTF owners really are crazy about their cars! Good, good.

skatepunk

Established Member
Re: Re: svt focus's are'nt that fast

Originally posted by AZ SVT
Pretty impressive. Where do you find an Autox with mostly long straights? I wouldn't have thought you had a chance since the SVTF is faster than a Z06 in the slalom. I know you aren't talking about drag racing; why would anyone drag race a Lighnting or an SVTF? If I wanted to go semi-fast in a straight line, I'd borrow my wife's 10 second bone stock Yamaha. Always use the right tool for the job. ;)

You';d be suprised how well a lightning holds up in at the drag... the director of our svtoa chapter is running pretty quick 12's, mind you thats with 515rwhp

But my old one was pretty quick bone stock... I mean for a 1/2 ton pickup high 13's ain't bad

AZ SVT

Established Member
Originally posted by derryck Huh????
Where you been? ;) You obviously aren't driving your SVTF fast enough or you would know it would whip a Z06, or Cobra or... (anything shy of $50k) in a slalom. Ask the M3 owner who has new suspension and wheels from "trying" to follow me through a turn ;)

http://www.edmunds.com/reviews/comparison/articles/57200/page005.html Do a find on Z06 if you don't want to read it all.

Road and Track says the same thing but I don't have a link.

Autoweek doesn't want to step on Z06 marketting toes, so simply says SVTF is in Porsche 911 league: http://autoweek.com/search/search_d...31&Search_Type=STD&Search_ID=759377&record=16 Do a find on Porsche to save time.

All the publications I've seen say about the same although for marketting reasons you sometime have to look in multiple places to see it.

lourenco

Established Member
You have a ford lightning with a much bigger engine with a superchager and a intercooler. I would think you car would be faster. If focus svt had the same power you have, the focus svt would win.

svo_dave

Established Member
All I can say that lightning's are the sh**, I would have lved to buy one rather tha svtf, but its a little out of my price range.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
most of us CSVT / FSVT folks know we aren't going to be blazing in the 1/4 mile though we may try. Our cars are 'fun' to drive, and shine on road courses....

derryck

Established Member
Where you been? ;) You obviously aren't driving your SVTF fast enough or you would know it would whip a Z06, or Cobra or... (anything shy of $50k) in a slalom

I have an 03 Cobra... not an SVTF and I didn't buy it for the slalom, I bought it for the straight line grunt. That's pretty impressive for the SVTF though... if they could just slap a turbo on it then it would be a sweet deal. However... a slalom isn't really indicative of much in the real world, emergency maneuverability maybe but not much else. It still lacks the power to even contemplate competing with cars like the M3 or Z06. I owned an E46 M3 and if someone in a Focus (SVT or not) tried to race me then I would have probably wet myself out of amusement. They need to import a Cosworth Focus.

Last edited:

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
rumor has it the 04 FSVT will be a turbo w/ 225ish hp.

Originally posted by derryck
if they could just slap a turbo on it then it would be a sweet deal.

svo_dave

Established Member
A good friend of mine has 1st gen lightning, I love that truck, he smoked me every time till I bolted a few things on. I was shocked at how well it handled to. I would love to buy one of those. All his has is catback and K&N and he runs really low 15's all day long, I am suprised how well that thing can launch.

Lightning4130

Established Member
i have'nt toke mine to a strip yet but iam hopeing mid 14s cause i have flowmasters, when i got my motor rebuilt i did a lil of a budget hop up

they do handle real good! i puting a 3'' 5'' drop on mine thats what my friend has on his you'd think your in a stang going around corners in that

svo_dave

Established Member
I thinnk it might take a little more than flowmasters to get 14's in the quarter, you have to remember your pushing a wall down the track, what else did you get done when you rebuilt engine?

Lightning4130

Established Member
came stock with high flow cats and a 4.10 gear ratio, when i built it i got a cam, port and polished heads, high flow water pump, k&n, bigger throttle body and throttle body spacer, and a chip and everything on the motor after being built was new bolts down to the crank

Users who are viewing this thread