SVT & GM

El Culebra

Established Member
No flames and I am not trying to start any BS. but the 05 Z06 is a force to dealt with and so far what I heard about the new Cobra is not that impressive. I sold my Cobra waiting for the 07 model year, but after I thought about it may be not. I had too many quality problems and TSBs it was ridiculous. Check the link out

http://www.detnews.com/2005/autosinsider/0501/10/autos-55738.htm :read:

Daffy

My cars own me.
Established Member
Yep, read about the new Z06, very impressive, it'll give the viper serious competion - plus a lot of other sout there. Proud it's a US car. But I saw an estimated MSRP of about $75K, that's in the stratosphere to me. I'd rather have the 07 Cobra at $50K or hopefully less, with the same HP rating as the Z06 & use a few grand getting a lil more HP to compensate for the weight difference. Oh and be able to aford a new commuter car too.

But I am psyched about the vette, the more US cars kickin arse out there the better IMHO.

Dave,

El Culebra

Established Member
Daffy said:
Yep, read about the new Z06, very impressive, it'll give the viper serious competion - plus a lot of other sout there. Proud it's a US car. But I saw an estimated MSRP of about $75K, that's in the stratosphere to me. I'd rather have the 07 Cobra at $50K or hopefully less, with the same HP rating as the Z06 & use a few grand getting a lil more HP to compensate for the weight difference. Oh and be able to aford a new commuter car too.

But I am psyched about the vette, the more US cars kickin arse out there the better IMHO.

Dave,

Your problably right that's where I'll cry uncle the price thanks for that reality check. I hope SVT surpises us.
:pepper:

roushraven

zzzZZzz
Established Member
Official prices have not been set; although the major vette dealership reps and others on the waiting list expect MSRP to start at 63k. Bargain to me.

Daffy

My cars own me.
Established Member
I got the $75K base price from Motor Trend, they have a great writeup on the new Z06. At $63K it would be a lot of bang for the buck, not just for HP #'s, but the actual performance numbers on this car should be outstanding. 3150 pounds, literally space-age design in improvements, I can't wait to see its performance results. The viper guys (I'm an ex-viper guy) are going to have their hands full .. as well as the autobahn bangers costing twice or three times as much.

03gobluecobra

torque steer sucks
Established Member
yep the Z06 will be an amazing car, and I too am proud that it is american. However, I still am not worried about it. At that cost, you will not see very many on the road. A good portion of them will be stock, or garage/car show queens, and probably even be driven by people who aren't great at racing. I rarely see vipers, like one a month during the summer, and I don't think I will see too many more of these. I mean, how many sports cars can you sell near $75k? Doesn't dodge only sell about 1000 vipers a year? It would probably whoop the cobra in many respects, but I just don't see there being enough of them out there to make a rivalry with the cobra. I think it would make great competition for the viper, and I really can't wait to see it to destroy a bunch of porsche's and ferrari's.

The regular C6, was able to beat a $88k porsche on a road course by a sizeable margin (~150ft per lap). Of course motor trend still said they liked the porsche better, because it was more refined (well duh it does cost twice as much). I can't even imagine what the Z06 would do to that porsche. I am really looking forward to that.

RossSVT

Established Member
The new Z will NOT be $75K. It WILL be the Supercar bargin of the year.

Users who are viewing this thread