svt stock center caps

Greenwood1982

Established Member
I'm sure this has been posted before, but does anyone know what type of modifications are needed to make stock svt center caps fit an a/m replica 9 and 10.5 rims from American muscle?

forhead8605

Ooooohhhhh Noooooo...
Established Member
I'm sure this has been posted before, but does anyone know what type of modifications are needed to make stock svt center caps fit an a/m replica 9 and 10.5 rims from American muscle?

If you have a drimmel handy....thats your best bet. I recently just purchased AM wheels as well and used a drimmel on the old AM center caps. Replaced it with the svt face and wah lah. I researched it as well and all I could find was duct tape...... I didn't feel comfortable with that so I did what I stated above. Took about 2 hours with the drimmel. Just remember when you do this you will have to buy new svt centercaps when you want to go back to stock. I happened to have a extra set in my garage that I used for my Saleens.

Here is a pic of the AM saleens I bought with the svt centercaps.

And FYI, the diameter of both centercaps are the same.

image-9.jpg

Greenwood1982

Established Member
You cut off the svt plate and glued it to the a/m caps.....or just drimmeled the plastic piece behind the svt face?

forhead8605

Ooooohhhhh Noooooo...
Established Member
You cut off the svt plate and glued it to the a/m caps.....or just drimmeled the plastic piece behind the svt face?

The SVT plate is only on there with glue or something of that sort. Be very careful when you do this to not mess up the paint on the SVT plate. Then take a drimmel to the AM centercaps until you get a completely flat surface. I placed the centercap after drimmeling it for a while into the center of the wheel and placed the SVT plate to see if it was flush. If it wasn't, I would pop it out and keep drimmeling the AM centercap. Hopefully this explains it a little better.

Users who are viewing this thread